How many games do we get to play before season is cancelled?

How many games do we get to play before season gets cancelled?

• Total voters
No, I am not retarded, and I stand by my statement regarding in/out. The virus is carried by droplets, which are caught by mask. Try holding a match at arms length and blowing it out with a mask on. Or ignore science, your choice.
So science is wrong about the the 97% penetration rate? Bc if you're seriously tryn to say it only happens during inhale then how did it get in when masks block it completely using your logic?

Bc after all people wearing masks would stop the virus but oh wait more health issues have happened bc of cloth masks... That's weird how science agrees with my statement 😅

Should be zero.

The pattern of the virus would suggest that those states now with significant outbreaks will have a curve like that of NYC, Sweden, and other places. Cases and deaths will peak (if they have not already) and then drop sharply.

That's the "science" of it. The politics of it suggests that anyone who tries to use a level head and not take unnecessary, radical actions will be demagogued and demonized.
Your argument looks to me like you should have said full season.

Again I don't care who or what you're. You decided to change my debate point to a mask wearing argument. Why have you not answered my original question about the 0.0453 death rate and how that is somehow a pandemic?

Ummm, the comment I quoted was ONLY about wearing a mask:
So it can get in but not out? Lmao are you retarded? Let's talk about cloth masks, the virus particle is way smaller than the strands. Needless to say if it's getting in its definitely getting out. Couple the fact that none of these masks are air tight and the fact that cloth masks also cause other health issues as well.

Back to your stupid argument,

Great!

so let's use your logic from above. If someone asked you to jump off a the Golden Gate Bridge highest point would you do it? Bc your logic above says that you would...

I do not wear a mask in stores because someone told me to. I do it because it is logical that wearing a mask will help reduce the spread even if it is slightly. I even provided an example of why I could see how a mask is beneficial. Jumping off the Golden Gate bridge would have no benefit therefor your comparison is silly.

So science is wrong about the the 97% penetration rate? Bc if you're seriously tryn to say it only happens during inhale then how did it get in when masks block it completely using your logic?

Bc after all people wearing masks would stop the virus but oh wait more health issues have happened bc of cloth masks... That's weird how science agrees with my statement 😅

I think many people are conflating two related but separate issues.

The fact is the Covid19 virus (all viruses for that matter) are smaller than the “weave pores” of ANY filtered mask; be that cloth, surgical mesh, or even the N95. Can and will these masks stop some virus transmission? Yes, just as a HVAC filter stops some dust from entering your HVAC duct but not all dust particles. Even the dust particles that are smaller than the pores in the HVAC filter can get caught on the fiberglass strands in the filter. Just as some of the virus can and will get caught on the weave of the mask. However, most Covid19 virus would easily penetrate even the best mask.

Here’s the thing though, the consequential amount of airborne virus transmission between people is carried from person to person on spittle droplets. Spittle droplets may contain thousands if not millions of virus because they are exponentially larger than the virus. These spittle droplets are also larger than the “weave pores” of almost all masks. Meaning that when you exhale them into a mask the overwhelming majority of the spittle and virus will be captured on the mask.

That is why the answer to, will masks stop the spread of the virus, is not a definitive yes or no answer. Individual virus can easily pass through even the best filtered mask. However, spittle droplets, the main form of transmission, are too big to pass through most masks.

Its hilarious that now you have huge organizations who are going to lose untold millions in profits by deciding not to play, organizations that have their own experts their own doctors and their own interests (separate of those in Washington), but people still refuse to believe that this isn't serious.

Please show the data that supports college athletes are part of the high risk group for the COVID flu.

You're not sure what your argument is, and you apparently have problems with reading comprehension. I have never said mask stop 100% of anything, but facts don't count with you, therefore scream away I'm not responding to anymore of your mindless rants.

Reactions: overseasorange2
I think many people are conflating two related but separate issues.

The fact is the Covid19 virus (all viruses for that matter) are smaller than the “weave pores” of ANY filtered mask; be that cloth, surgical mesh, or even the N95. Can and will these masks stop some virus transmission? Yes, just as a HVAC filter stops some dust from entering your HVAC duct but not all dust particles. Even the dust particles that are smaller than the pores in the HVAC filter can get caught on the fiberglass strands in the filter. Just as some of the virus can and will get caught on the weave of the mask. However, most Covid19 virus would easily penetrate even the best mask.

Here’s the thing though, the consequential amount of airborne virus transmission between people is carried from person to person on spittle droplets. Spittle droplets may contain thousands if not millions of virus because they are exponentially larger than the virus. These spittle droplets are also larger than the “weave pores” of almost all masks. Meaning that when you exhale them into a mask the overwhelming majority of the spittle and virus will be captured on the mask.

That is why the answer to, will masks stop the spread of the virus, is not a definitive yes or no answer. Individual virus can easily pass through even the best filtered mask. However, spittle droplets, the main form of transmission, are too big to pass through most masks.
That's weird cause science says it penetrates 97% on the cloth mask and 44% on surgical...

Ummm, the comment I quoted was ONLY about wearing a mask:

Great!

I do not wear a mask in stores because someone told me to. I do it because it is logical that wearing a mask will help reduce the spread even if it is slightly. I even provided an example of why I could see how a mask is beneficial. Jumping off the Golden Gate bridge would have no benefit therefor your comparison is silly.
So you refuse to jump off bridge bc it doesn't help your argument. That's all I needed to know. And FYI masks also cause other health issues for example wearing a mask means you're constantly breathing in your own carbon dioxide which can cause you to be tired more often, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness etc... Sounds similar to the Chinese virus symptoms...

So you refuse to jump off bridge bc it doesn't help your argument. That's all I needed to know. And FYI masks also cause other health issues for example wearing a mask means you're constantly breathing in your own carbon dioxide which can cause you to be tired more often, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness etc... Sounds similar to the Chinese virus symptoms...

What?? Ohhh, wait, I didn't realize you were special needs...I'm sorry our discussion has brought that out for everyone to see.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Dobbs: 'Considerable' student COVID cases at Mississippi universities

I think Miss St/Ole Miss will the best biggest risk to the SEC. Mississippi has surged to the highest positive test rate in the country. Their 7-day rolling average is at 69%. Of course have to take that w a grain of salt without understanding their testing situation there.

They overtook Arizona 3 weeks ago as having the highest death rate in the country. It looks like they may have peaked but but will see what this latest spike in positive test rates will translate to.

Of course relatively speaking their numbers aren’t nearly as bad as we’ve seen in other states, but that doesn’t mean anything when it comes to public hysteria

Reactions: norrislakevol
All politics ("poly" = many... "tics" = blood-sucking parasites"). Look at the CDC virus chart, if you can find it. Buried by all the alphabet media... WE ARE BEING LIED TO. Let them play.

Not to downplay this virus.... it IS DANGEROUS AND DEADLY. Wash your hands!

Reactions: feathersax
Dobbs: 'Considerable' student COVID cases at Mississippi universities

I think Miss St/Ole Miss will the best biggest risk to the SEC. Mississippi has surged to the highest positive test rate in the country. Their 7-day rolling average is at 69%. Of course have to take that w a grain of salt without understanding their testing situation there.

They overtook Arizona 3 weeks ago as having the highest death rate in the country. It looks like they may have peaked but but will see what this latest spike in positive test rates will translate to.

Of course relatively speaking their numbers aren’t nearly as bad as we’ve seen in other states, but that doesn’t mean anything when it comes to public hysteria

Arizona has never been close to having the highest death rate.

See the northeast for that.

U.S. COVID-19 death rate by state | Statista

Debunked myths about face masks - Mayo Clinic Health System

3. Myth: Wearing a mask will increase the amount of carbon dioxide I breathe and will make me sick.

So what about the people who have reported getting sick because of wearing the mask?

I would refer them to a medical professional, one not using alien DNA. Best guess is 99.9% of Doctors will tell you to wear a mask.

Haven't you even met anyone who has gotten sick from wearing a mask? I haven't.

If you don't want to a wear a mask then don't. But don't make excuses that wearing one makes you sick.

Last edited:
I would refer them to a medical professional, one not using alien DNA. Best guess is 99.9% of Doctors will tell you to wear a mask.

Haven't you even met anyone who has gotten sick from wearing a mask? I haven't.

If you don't want to a wear a mask then don't. But don't making excuses that wearing one makes you sick.
Actually I have meet several and several doctors who said don't wear a cloth mask if you can help it

Reactions: norrislakevol
Trump is going to announce a "break through" on the corona virus battle this evening. I would bet that it is a successful antibodies treatment for those that are sick with it. I heard Lamar Alexander mention something about this on the Triple H show about a month ago. In that same interview he also mentioned the rapid saliva tests that we have started to hear about.

With a good treatment in place odds of an entire season being played go waaaay up, and the PAC-12 and BIG-10 have a lot of egg on their faces.

Actually I have meet several and several doctors who said don't wear a cloth mask if you can help it

Any chance those folks weren't wearing the mask properly? From what I have seen that's more likely than the mask made me sick mantra.

Then those doctors would not be following the AMA's "A Physician's Guide to COVID-19".

How to wear a cloth face mask
The CDC recommends that you wear a cloth face mask when you're around people who don't live with you and in public settings when social distancing is difficult.
Here are a few pointers for putting on and taking off a cloth mask:
  • Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on and taking off your mask.
  • Place your mask over your mouth and nose.
  • Tie it behind your head or use ear loops and make sure it's snug.
  • Don't touch your mask while wearing it.
  • If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.
  • If your mask becomes wet or dirty, switch to a clean one. Put the used mask in a sealable bag until you can wash it.
  • Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
  • Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.
  • Regularly wash your mask with soap and water by hand or in the washing machine. It's fine to launder it with other clothes.
My tips: Don't buy cheap disposable face masks from places like Ollie's. They are called disposable mask for a reason. Most are designed for single issue. Yes you can reuse but you need to safely remove your mask, touching as little of its surface as possible, use the ear straps to remove and handle the mask. The majority of any virus particles would be on the front, so avoid touching that part of the mask.

Once the disposable mask is safely removed, place it in a convenient but safe storage spot. Johns Hopkins recommends placing masks in paper bags or other "clean receptacles" with "good ventilation" that allow the mask to air out for a couple of days. Ziploc bags work and Tupperware. Hanging it off your car's rear view mirror is not a good option.

If a mask is visibly dirty, soiled or torn, then get rid of it. Keep a supply of 3 to 5 masks, so that one could be worn while others were being aired out.

That makes zero sense. If there is an outbreak, the danger is with the students, not the campus itself. Send students home, then the risk is gone.
Do you really think the university administration is going to take the position that it is not safe for the general student population to be on campus, but the football players have to be there? I don't see that happening. It blows up any kind of notion that the football players are anything other than employees. For better or worse, college athletics are based on the premise that the players are "student-athletes." They are supposed to be part of the overall student population. Not some kind of semi-pro attachment to the college.

VN Store

Back