How long will Pruitt survive based on what you’ve seen so far?

How long will Pruitt survive?

• Til the end of the year

Votes: 82 38.5%
  • Til the end of next year

Votes: 114 53.5%
  • 5 years

Votes: 16 7.5%
  • 10 years

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
Depends on what he does right now. The O suffers from confidence issues that start with JG. If he doesn't find a solution... UT probably won't win another game.

He may have sealed his fate when he decided over the off season to make JG the starter. If he had been developing Maurer or Shrout... they might have been playing well by now.

Oh yeah, Maurer’s 4-11 for 44 yards and a INT really showed he’s the answer.

People need to stop thinking that a QB change fixes anything. This team sucks at everywhere except RB and WR. They’re terrible.

Once again, my point is clear—- Year 3 is when he will be judged on job status. It’s not hard to comprehend, hombre

Then don't say any firing/retention will happen AFTER year 3. Getting fired mid-year isn't AFTER. THAT isn't hard to comprehend....hombre.

The QB’s suck.

The RB’s are good.

The WR’s are average.

The OL is below average.

The DL is abysmal.

The LB’s are meh.

Our DB’s have regressed.

It’s a free fall.

He will be alright or aight money wise. He will go to a Top school as a DC as one of their DC.s takes a HC job.
I don't think he likes the HC duties & in his 2nd year he still looks uncomfortable in the role. if you truly don't like your job . your associates and the one's you lead can sense it.
It will never work out but unless he takes a DC job, I think he will be here next year.
Also I'm talking a potential playoff team , so he may be here longer.
He just seems to be able to coach those that were already winning, never built a program never will.

If he's still employed by the time they hit Tyson McGhee, then you need to add the option to vote "too long."

The QB’s suck.

The RB’s are good.

The WR’s are average. They are better than average, but you have to have a QB who can get them the ball.

The OL is below average. They are better than below average.

The DL is abysmal.

The LB’s are meh.

Our DB’s have regressed. Big time!

It’s a free fall.

People need to stop thinking that a QB change fixes anything. This team sucks at everywhere except RB and WR. They’re terrible.
Maurer might get better. JG isn't getting better. They tried to put more on him... and he's gotten worse because he simply can't handle more. He has hit his ceiling. According to the announcers for the last two weeks citing coach comments, he doesn't have confidence. His lack of execution is bad enough. His lack of confidence is a cancer to the O.

The OL was MUCH better than JG today. It wasn't even close.

Reactions: LittleVol

JG’s ceiling looks to be Maurer’s floor.

Not sure when, but inevitable that it happens. And before folks chime in on Fulmer, highy doubt he takes over. Just dont see it, he has been out too long.

I still say it as I have said since last season JG is over rated as an elite QB as he was a 4 start and 5 in some other rankings. I dont see it. He holds the ball way too long, again, he missed a wide open receiver, and his deliver is still late. So, all that he did good against that sub-par team last week, was for naught.

Not sure if the True Freshman is ready, whether its Brian or TJ, I think its time to go for it. No way this team can stop either Ala or Ga. Not happening. Maybe if Tua gets hurt, but even then, they have another stud QB in the waiting. Same with GA. I would be shocked if we have the same amount of wins we had last season.

Its painful to watch this too. Defense in coverage, where were they today? The were lost. I am shocked with Jim Chaney as our OC that we have this pitiful of an offense, sure we have a young line, but three of those guys are 5 star top of their positions coming in. They said it with Chaney and JG that JG and he were working on plays that are easier for him to manage and I truly believe Chaney cant do the entire bag of tricks he can do. Looked what he did in Ga, and when he was here, we had some good QB play, but JG is just an average QB that happens to get some great plays in here and there.

Coaching wise, someone is not doing their job(S), and that pretty much means all of them. For what these guys are getting paid, we should se results by now. When Saban took over Alabama, wasnt it his third season he won the NC at Ala? And I know his 2nd season kick the snot out of us. Jeremy isnt that guy. Why we didnt go for Texas Tech ex coach, Mike. Sorry, his last name is lost me.

I am going to have some fun watching Tuo throw the ball around with that offense of Alabama, reminds me of the days of Peyton.

Honestly if he goes 1-11 he needs to be fired, we’re not that bad cause we didn’t lose that much from last years team to regress this badly at that point it’s on coaching.

It seems Pruitt and company didn’t take the time to develop any of the backups and just hoped the starters would just naturally get better, which hasn’t been the case.

As a program you can’t keep a guy that goes 1-11 in his second year.

Unfortunately this administration will stick with him cause fans will continue to show up and even in the event the administration fires Pruitt they won’t go after a big time coach, Fulmer won’t pull a Mal Moore and go after THE coach he needs and not settle for an up and comer or a cheap hire, he’ll take whatever the BoT tells him and won’t fight like Moore did.

In the end, three to four more years then Fulmer will either step down or be fired and we’ll start the process all over again

Maurer might get better. JG isn't getting better. They tried to put more on him... and he's gotten worse because he simply can't handle more. He has hit his ceiling. According to the announcers for the last two weeks citing coach comments, he doesn't have confidence. His lack of execution is bad enough. His lack of confidence is a cancer to the O.

The OL was MUCH better than JG today. It wasn't even close.

And???

Was that gonna prevent Pruitt’s defense from Kyle Trask looking like Baker Mayfield?

No it wouldn’t have. Pruitt is terrible as a HC. It doesn’t matter who the QB is. Maurer and Shrout aren’t better than JG and it wouldn’t matter if they were.

Personally, I don’t see him getting it done. Looks worse than the Butch teams.
Butch was carried by Dobbs, Barnett, etc. oh and he had a strength coach early on. Butch mismanaged the program with poor recruiting and development his last couple of years. Pruitt inherited that mess. You have to like Pruitt’s recruiting and I perceive player development. Ga State was on the coaching staff, outside of that game I think they can get it done, I think there are bright spots with player development and young talent. I think the defense and 10 guys on offense deserve better than we’re we are at. Without knowledge of what’s going on behind the scenes, it’s hard as a fan to know what the reality of the situation is. I try to watch some of the VFLs and their perspectives on the behind the scenes items and they seem to still believe in this staff. I still believe this is a great stafff and hope the disappoint this season doesn’t send our rabid fan base over the edge and keep them from bringing us back. If this repeats in 21&22 then I’ll be ready for a change, but right now I think we need to trust the recruiting and player development.

Depends on what he does right now. The O suffers from confidence issues that start with JG. If he doesn't find a solution... UT probably won't win another game.

He may have sealed his fate when he decided over the off season to make JG the starter. If he had been developing Maurer or Shrout... they might have been playing well by now.

Good post. But I think he waited too long and there is no time to fix it now. This almost certainly will be a double-digit loss team. I don’t know how they let him continue after that, especially with this team regressing instead of progressing.

Reactions: maotai
If we fire him he goes right back to Bama and we are paying two coaches on that team.

Butch was carried by Dobbs, Barnett, etc. oh and he had a strength coach early on. Butch mismanaged the program with poor recruiting and development his last couple of years. Pruitt inherited that mess. You have to like Pruitt’s recruiting and I perceive player development. Ga State was on the coaching staff, outside of that game I think they can get it done, I think there are bright spots with player development and young talent. I think the defense and 10 guys on offense deserve better than we’re we are at. Without knowledge of what’s going on behind the scenes, it’s hard as a fan to know what the reality of the situation is. I try to watch some of the VFLs and their perspectives on the behind the scenes items and they seem to still believe in this staff. I still believe this is a great stafff and hope the disappoint this season doesn’t send our rabid fan base over the edge and keep them from bringing us back. If this repeats in 21&22 the. I’ll be ready for a change, but right now I think we need to trust the recruiting and player development.

Sorry, but I wouldn’t be using Pruitt and player development in the same sentence. None of these players are getting better.

Until the mothers l mother ship arrives to return him to Remulak.

Seriously though, next year. Maybe the end of next year, maybe mid season.

VN Store

Back