How long have we been out of the Top 25?

Blackburn

I know we've been unranked for years now but when was the last time we were in the Top 25?

I remember back when we were always in the Top 10 and I can't wait til we make it back. Hopefully next year is the year!! 😬

I know we've been unranked for years now but when was the last time we were in the Top 25?

I remember back when we were always in the Top 10 and I can't wait til we make it back. Hopefully next year is the year!! 😬
2012 when we played UF here we were ranked 23rd in a poll.

Reactions: 1 person
2007 was the last time we finished in the top 25 and also the last time we were ranked for more than one week. (2008 we were in the preseason poll amd never made it back).

Who knew that not having a number next to your team's name could be so depressing.

As noted, 2007 is the answer to the question. The real answer is, "Too damned long!" And, the real question should be TOP 10. Top 25 is barely above mediocrity.

The last time was when Gameday came to town in 2012 against Florida

As noted, 2007 is the answer to the question. The real answer is, "Too damned long!" And, the real question should be TOP 10. Top 25 is barely above mediocrity.

I believe 05-06 was the last Top 10 years. 05 was when we slid down a slippery slope and free fell down the polls. Was considered NC contenders too

I agree that our focus should be to get back in the Top 10 but we have to consistently make it back in the Top 25 first. It's crazy how being ranked something like #20 used to seem pathetic but now it would be an accomplishment. I'm ready for all these Bricks to settle in so we can be consistently ranked again.

Last edited:
Real question is will we ever be ranked in the top 25 again and if so, when. My answer..... I'm not holding my breath.

I agree that our focus should be to get back in the Top 10 but we have to consistently make it back in the Top 25 first. It's crazy how being ranked something like #20 used to seem pathetic but now it would be an accomishment. I'm ready for all these Bricks to settle in so we can be consistently ranked again.

^^^This^^^

I can vaguely remember this but to be ranked 15 or lower was horrible and depressing. It's a big deal to even see us receiving votes now days. I would be happy to break into the top 25 and stay there for any amount of time.

This. It is unreal that it's been this long. Pitiful, just pitiful! Coach Fulmer became a train wreck at the end, Kiffin's always been a train wreck as a head coach, and Dooley couldn't ever find his train to wreck it.

More relevant questions:

How long have we been mediocre? How long has it been since a win didn't seem like a miracle?

Real question is will we ever be ranked in the top 25 again and if so, when. My answer..... I'm not holding my breath.

KBVol, that's just exasperation speaking. UT's football program is a major powerhouse that will not be held down. Wayyy too much history, tradition, resources and facilities to stand idle. The management blunder of suddenly firing Fulmer with no known replacement snowballed into a desperate coaching/recruiting debacle we are now climbing out of. The recruiting is back, the wins will follow.

hate to consider it, but it is a distinct possibility.

ole piss used to be a regular SEC contender. now they are in the top 5 for the first time in 50 years.

UT could follow suit.

2007 was the last time we finished in the top 25 and also the last time we were ranked for more than one week. (2008 we were in the preseason poll amd never made it back).

Who knew that not having a number next to your team's name could be so depressing.

I remember a time that I couldn't recall not being ranked......... :cray:

KBVol, that's just exasperation speaking. UT's football program is a major powerhouse that will not be held down. Wayyy too much history, tradition, resources and facilities to stand idle. The management blunder of suddenly firing Fulmer with no known replacement snowballed into a desperate coaching/recruiting debacle we are now climbing out of. The recruiting is back, the wins will follow.

You're right about that Pig. Completely, 100% exasperated.

I was thinking: what other "powerhouse" programs have been down as long as our current stretch. If you count 2007 as "relevant" (since we did back into the SECCG), this makes 7 years. Of the big-name football programs, who has done worse in modern history? Didn't Nebraska have a pretty bad dry spell? Notre Dame? I guess the Alabama "Mike Years" are worthy of consideration.

I was thinking: what other "powerhouse" programs have been down as long as our current stretch. If you count 2007 as "relevant" (since we did back into the SECCG), this makes 7 years. Of the big-name football programs, who has done worse in modern history? Didn't Nebraska have a pretty bad dry spell? Notre Dame? I guess the Alabama "Mike Years" are worthy of consideration.

I would use conference championships as the metric.

UT has not sniffed one in 16 years.

LSU went 16 years after 1970.

UGA went 20 years after 1982.

Ole Piss, still waiting since 1963.

UF went over 100 years dry, until Spurrier showed up.

I don't think that Bama has gone double digits in modern times.

I would use conference championships as the metric.

UT has not sniffed one in 16 years.

LSU went 16 years after 1970.

UGA went 20 years after 1982.

Ole Piss, still waiting since 1963.

UF went over 100 years dry, until Spurrier showed up.

I don't think that Bama has gone double digits in modern times.

Bama's streak was from 1992 under stallings - 2009 was under Saban there....so 17 years

2012 we were 23 in the AP Poll before UF. We were not ranked in the Coaches Poll. Considering it played no bearing into the BCS rankings, I don't even know what purpose the AP poll serves anymore.

2008 we started 18 in Coaches Poll and dropped out after week 1. We have not been back since.

VN Store

Back