How is tenn favored

well if you look close at Auburn you can come to 2 conclusions they are very fortunate or they know how to close games and/or the Bball Gods are with them. They're 24 & 6 have won 9 games that came down to last possession & won 4 in OT.Credit to them for pulling them oout. They have lost 2 in a row and if all the bounces had gone wrong in those 13 close wins and became losses they are 11 & 19 worst case scenario. I know that's a stretch but it makes you realize that they may not be as good as their record makes you believe.

I think you could apply this 'test" to just about any team. I don't remember who said it but it's very true. (you make your own luck) Having watched A-barn some this year, I think this sums them up.

I am so sick of us biatching about refs in every sport

So agree. Even in the times where the criticism is justified (19 Bama FB game, ref bumping into Barnes, Anthony Jordan), our athletic department cowers and bows down to the SEC and we are shocked when it happens to us AGAIN.

Reactions: savannahfan
well if you look close at Auburn you can come to 2 conclusions they are very fortunate or they know how to close games and/or the Bball Gods are with them. They're 24 & 6 have won 9 games that came down to last possession & won 4 in OT.Credit to them for pulling them oout. They have lost 2 in a row and if all the bounces had gone wrong in those 13 close wins and became losses they are 11 & 19 worst case scenario. I know that's a stretch but it makes you realize that they may not be as good as their record makes you believe.

What He Said.

The truth hurts, or in your case the truth is sickening
You realize every single fan base believes they are screwed over by refs and are unfairly targeted right? Yes even Kentucky basketball and Bama football fans. Go on any of their sites after a tough loss. Looks just like ours. The truth is that we think it’s an easy job but it’s not. He’ll Mark Cuban just got fined a half million dollars for screeching about NBA refs. NFL refs sucking is a daily conversation in sports talk stations. Here’s a fun idea, list all the games we have won in the past bc the calls went our way? I can guarantee you our rivals would call out several games you wouldn’t.

I'll be glad when there isn't a reason to comment on officiating. Even CRB has voiced complaints so that should tell you a lot.

There's a difference in bitching vs. commenting on what's taking place. Most of the time it's not something that we shouldn't be able to overcome. But there's a drastic difference in the games when they are called correctly...and we aren't the only fan base with legitimate complaints.

UK game is a good example. When the refs started calling it fairly, we took over.

Reactions: Lankykong

NCAA officiating has been bad for years. It’s not just UT games. Can’t help it if others don’t see it.

People complain about the complainers, and then someone like Anthony Jordan gets exposed. There are serious problems with the way games are being officiated, yet the conference doesn’t want to do anything about it.

This but unironically, in SEC play when Auburn uses a Nike basketball on average they lose by 7.7 points

When they use an under armour basketball they win by 6.2 points on average[/

Under Armour Sponsors Auburn; their only SEC Team. There's your Clue.

This but unironically, in SEC play when Auburn uses a Nike basketball on average they lose by 7.7 points

When they use an under armour basketball they win by 6.2 points on average

Under Armour Sponsors Auburn; their only SEC Team. There's your clue.

dont get me wrong.. hope we win.. sucks i cant watch it but will be coaching my youngest sons baseball team at the time.
GBO
send Bruce back to auburn crying

Because the fact is Auburn really isn't that good. Look at their season, they should have way more losses than they have.

You realize every single fan base believes they are screwed over by refs and are unfairly targeted right? Yes even Kentucky basketball and Bama football fans. Go on any of their sites after a tough loss. Looks just like ours. The truth is that we think it’s an easy job but it’s not. He’ll Mark Cuban just got fined a half million dollars for screeching about NBA refs. NFL refs sucking is a daily conversation in sports talk stations. Here’s a fun idea, list all the games we have won in the past bc the calls went our way? I can guarantee you our rivals would call out several games you wouldn’t.
The refs can call a game fairly and still heavily affect the physicality of the game. We need them to call it tight, generally. That was all that was being said.

Caring about how tight a game is called is not a phenomenon in any other sport aside from soccer and hockey.

I think the refs have done decently on consistency this year for us other than A&M and UK first half, even if I wish it was a bit tighter on pushes. Auburn had heavily favorable officiating versus UK at Rupp; and Auburn is second to me behind UT as the teams I like due to family.

All one has to do is watch the abuse John Fulkerson takes in the paint and then he gets nailed on an extremely questionable, ticky-tack illegal screen. SEC officials are bad not because they are biased. They are bad because they are woefully inconsistent.

Why? It is not about the game when the leagues have their favorites and it is easy to see the no calls for certain teams. I also find it amusing when a player gets called for ghost infractions that never occur just because of their reputation. Officiating has made itself a major part of the game itself.

VN Store

Back