How is tenn favored

It has actually widened. ESPN BPI Index had us as a slight favorite, something like 54%, originally. It is now up to 61.4%. The official line is Tennessee -2.5 points, I believe.

Reactions: feathersax
Does the "backs against the wall" factor add points?
Does "we've got healthy players finally" add points?
Does "our offense has shown a pulse" add points?

... I dont odds makers, so I'm guessing.

well if you look close at Auburn you can come to 2 conclusions they are very fortunate or they know how to close games and/or the Bball Gods are with them. They're 24 & 6 have won 9 games that came down to last possession & won 4 in OT.Credit to them for pulling them oout. They have lost 2 in a row and if all the bounces had gone wrong in those 13 close wins and became losses they are 11 & 19 worst case scenario. I know that's a stretch but it makes you realize that they may not be as good as their record makes you believe.

2 reasons. First being UT outplayed Auburn for most of the game at Auburn (UT blew a 17 pt lead) and 2nd being that Auburn is one of the worst road 3 pt shooting teams in the conference. Throw that in with UT being one of best defensive teams in the conference you get a spread where UT is favored against a better Auburn team.

Game will be determined by officiating. Specifically, will they let Fulky get mugged? Will they call fouls when Auburn shoves our bigs in the back on rebounds? Will they allow Auburn's guards to be aggressive with their hands or allow them to play up into our guards bodies?

If those aspects are called fairly then I think we cut down on the turnovers and win. 10-14 turnovers or less should get it done for us.

Game will be determined by officiating. Specifically, will they let Fulky get mugged? Will they call fouls when Auburn shoves our bigs in the back on rebounds? Will they allow Auburn's guards to be aggressive with their hands or allow them to play up into our guards bodies?

If those aspects are called fairly then I think we cut down on the turnovers and win. 10-14 turnovers or less should get it done for us.
I am so sick of us biatching about refs in every sport

I am so sick of us biatching about refs in every sport
Every program does that, it’s needed to keep a balance. Some are exaggerated and easily spotted but if you sit back and let it go as a fan base the edge goes to your opponent.
Wiley got away with a lot in that first game you have to point that out as a fan base, the HC is shackled to a point. You cannot put your head in the sand Refs consider no buzz after a game as a perfect game.

Reactions: gainesvol82
outside of a complete meltdown we would have beat them at their place last time. Also they’re really not that great anyway. Not as good as their record shows. They’ve been lucky this year

I think the line is based on end-of-season motivation. Every player is tired, but we've got far more to gain from a win than Auburn does.

Add home court to that, and...

But my "gut" is still pessimistic. Maybe a trip to CrackBarrel can fix that.

It's basically a pick'em plus home court advantage. Sounds about right considering the previous matchup and how both teams are playing entering today's game.

Stats indicate that Auburn struggles a bit when using a Nike basketball.

This but unironically, in SEC play when Auburn uses a Nike basketball on average they lose by 7.7 points

When they use an under armour basketball they win by 6.2 points on average

Reactions: alaVOL

VN Store

Back