How is Arkansas better than us? (merged)

Because they are Arkansas and have sucked for so long everybody thinks they are getting an off week. We are Tennessee and no matter how bad we suck everybody brings their best game and effort against us.

😂 We haven’t beaten a top 10 team in over a decade and haven’t beaten Bama in nearly 15 years. That isn’t even remotely true

Reactions: Mtnvol80
I've had a front seat to at least seven qbs here over the past three years. I didn't say Franks was Heisman material; I said he knows what he is doing which is a helluva improvement. The Vols might give it a try.

Franks is 6th-7th in the SEC in most categories so it’s a far cry from the 14th in everything that Hicks/Starkel were last year for Arkansas.

What will be the excuse be when they kick our azzes. Pruitt Is supposed to be 3 years ahead of the Arkansas program..

Well, for one thing they have a better QB.

Imo, Pruitt is doing a very good job on everything except qb. Anyone watching the game can tell the players do not trust or want jg at qb, and they play with much more intensity when jg is not in the game. Get a good qb, and I think we have 3 backups who are better than jg, go with one of them and let them improve with game experience. I think Ky had like 75 total yards at half time. Our defense was playing very good, and then the turnovers by jg and it just sucked the life out of them, they have to wonder why hc continues to trot jg out on the field. He just simply cannot throw consistantly down field. He has good completion stats due to screens and very short passes. A good qb, would greatly improve our ol, as well as rb positions.

Reactions: Vol4ever
But we have some coaches with great history of getting results...well until they get here. This place is just cursed.
Have results at other places because Pruitt was a Coordinator and then he hired a bunch of position coaches to be Coordinators. Coaching is subpar and has been for better part of last 20 years.

After 4 weeks there are 4 teams right now standing out 1 really bad one Vandy then 9 teams fighting for the middle. Let's wait until the end of a 10 game conference year and then let's see were all programs are at especially our Beloved Vols. In CHRIST Alone.

I think the answer to the question is very simple and doesn't involve the players at all.

They have an actual true leadership structure from the top down starting with Pittman. Leadership and accountability. The players want to play in that setting, and they maximize their potential.

Meanwhile in our coaches third year we still show up to games undisciplined, unprepared, and unmotivated.
But but the Vols are doing much better with that Covid-19 thing.

Because they are Arkansas and have sucked for so long everybody thinks they are getting an off week. We are Tennessee and no matter how bad we suck everybody brings their best game and effort against us.
Fixed the font color for you.

Excellent coaches wouldn’t have us playing like we did today. A lot of our problems were the qb position, sure. But their lack of foresight on that situation is on them. Horrible qb management. Had chances to give back ups reps against Missouri and Georgia, and didn’t.

I agree that it was a poor coaching performance, but this staff is much better than any staff Butch Jones assembled. We’re paying big money for big name coaches. I’m not sure why it can’t all come together. It is beyond frustrating.

Arkansas has a storied history so let's not act like them being better than Tennessee some years is some unheard of event. With that said, I agree with the OP that their apparent improvement is hard to understand when we have not seen the same in 3 years. I think Arkansas' talent and culture was so poor after Bielema and then Morris though...that I believe Tennessee wins that game due to talent alone.

They are playing with Sam Pittman's personality. Gritty Hard Nosed football. If you can't out talent teams, you need a gimmick. They found theirs, it might not work all the time but they have one and it will help them. What is our identity?

I agree that it was a poor coaching performance, but this staff is much better than any staff Butch Jones assembled. We’re paying big money for big name coaches. I’m not sure why it can’t all come together. It is beyond frustrating.
umm

Pruitt's actually starting to look a lot like Barry Odem. Laser focused on the defense, to the detriment of the rest of the team. Now Odom is back in his element as a DC at Arkansas and will most likely go back to being a successful coordinator. Pruitt will probably go the same route, but not before year 5-6, depending on how long Fulmer is left in the AD seat.

Barry Odom
BOdom.png

Jeremy Pruitt
JPruitt.png

“How is Arkansas better than us?”

This is a 5 year clean up......Arkansas is allowed to get better each week.

Reactions: Tnphil
Vandy is probably the only team in the SEC with less talent than Tennessee, as sad as it may be:(

like hot garbage at this point in time.......He took over a winless Arkansas team and got him a 5th year transfer QB and is pumping life back into that program while we sit over here with Butch Jones leftovers on life support.

Reactions: bornbleddinorange
People bitch now because we hired a coordinator. I can only imagine what it would sound like if we hired a position coach.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back