How is Arkansas better than us? (merged)

Pruitt has had time to establish a culture. This guy was a dud at his initial presser. i don't blame those who wanted to believe, but the writing was on the wall day one. His tenure as Vols coach crested with the 8-game win streak. Now, he's just on the countdown to a massive buyout and an internship at Saban's coach rehab program. Fulmer owns this hire and the stupid extension and his ass needs to be gone before he can do any more damage.
Glad Fulmer gave him an extension when NOBODY was clamoring to get them some Pruitt.

Reactions: MSCE09
What kickstarted the pigs this year was Franks. What they've had for the past four years would make Guarantano look like a Heisman shoo-in. The coaching change would have turned it around at any rate, but getting a qb like Franks was the key.

Reactions: Volbrando
What kickstarted the pigs this year was Franks. What they've had for the past four years would make Guarantano look like a Heisman shoo-in. The coaching change would have turned it around at any rate, but getting a qb like Franks was the key.

Lol, have you actually watched the games? Franks is the same up and down, hot and cold guy he was at UF, nothing has changed. Is that an improvement for Arkansas? I guess but it's not like they beat Ole Miss because of Franks, it's because Ole Miss turned it over 6 times.

Reactions: kcvols1
Pruitt has had time to establish a culture. This guy was a dud at his initial presser. i don't blame those who wanted to believe, but the writing was on the wall day one. His tenure as Vols coach crested with the 8-game win streak. Now, he's just on the countdown to a massive buyout and an internship at Saban's coach rehab program. Fulmer owns this hire and the stupid extension and his ass needs to be gone before he can do any more damage.

Better hope they figure it out.

Covid revenues are going to cool any hotseats people want to believe are there.

Neither Fulmer or Pruitt are going anywhere for awhile.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Ark is well coached and the players are having fun for the first time in several years...You can tell they believe in their coaches and their OC and DC have done a very good job with a new system.

Yesterday it looked like our team wasn't having fun...didn't believe in the offensive system and when down 17-0 took the mindset the game was over at that point. Not good.

Fight and team energy. If you want to see how much a decent quarterback and leader can re-energize, ignite, and change the whole team dynamic, look at Arkansas

we don’t have that and haven’t for a very long time - I don’t even think the team respects JG. We give up as soon as something bad happens and then it’s over

Indeed, while the Vols just roll over and quit

Ark is well coached and the players are having fun for the first time in several years...You can tell they believe in their coaches and their OC and DC have done a very good job with a new system.

Yesterday it looked like our team wasn't having fun...didn't believe in the offensive system and when down 17-0 took the mindset the game was over at that point. Not good.
I want to agree with most of this, but with this tweak. AFTER we were down 17-0, we did score to take the momentum back going into halftime, with hopes for our opening possession in 2nd half. So, what the hell happened on that possession? I don't know, but at that point, that's when rest of team felt like our O was not gonna get their part handled today. Gotta be disheartening.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I want to agree with most of this, but with this tweak. AFTER we were down 17-0, we did score to take the momentum back going into halftime, with hopes for our opening possession in 2nd half. So, what the hell happened on that possession? I don't know, but at that point, that's when rest of team felt like our O was not gonna get their part handled today. Gotta be disheartening.
We should have played smash mouth football that got us 7 points....Worn down KY's defense. But that's not Chaney's MO.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Eric Gray goes down by a weak arm tackle leaving us at 3rd and 1 JG throws pick 6 on next play. Game over.

Fight and team energy. If you want to see how much a decent quarterback and leader can re-energize, ignite, and change the whole team dynamic, look at Arkansas

we don’t have that and haven’t for a very long time - I don’t even think the team respects JG. We give up as soon as something bad happens and then it’s over
They also have coaching and a QB

Lol, have you actually watched the games? Franks is the same up and down, hot and cold guy he was at UF, nothing has changed. Is that an improvement for Arkansas? I guess but it's not like they beat Ole Miss because of Franks, it's because Ole Miss turned it over 6 times.

I've had a front seat to at least seven qbs here over the past three years. I didn't say Franks was Heisman material; I said he knows what he is doing which is a helluva improvement. The Vols might give it a try.

VN Store

Back