How is Arkansas better than us? (merged)

Chemistry...the players liked Pitman when he the OL coach. I guess that group are seniors now but they actually asked the AD to hire him...he also picked up a good defensive coach in Odom. They are all pulling together

They should EASILY be 0-4 due to their roster, but they're 2-2 and should be 3-1 if they weren't screwed against Auburn. We on the otherhand got blown out by Kentucky lol

The roster isn’t nearly as bad as Morris made it look. On paper it’s a borderline top 25 roster in college football if you go by 247’s recruiting rankings. Along the lines of Ole Miss or Mississippi State, better than Kentucky or Missouri and slightly worse than South Carolina. Definitely not the worst in the SEC.

The effort is much better under Pittman though since they actually love him as a coach.

Solid coaching......same as KY. A bunch of 2 and 3 star players that are well coached will beat more talented teams (see earlier results).
Pittman has Arky solid in fundamentals....novel idea!

Reactions: Remy
I think the answer to the question is very simple and doesn't involve the players at all.

They have an actual true leadership structure from the top down starting with Pittman. Leadership and accountability. The players want to play in that setting, and they maximize their potential.

Meanwhile in our coaches third year we still show up to games undisciplined, unprepared, and unmotivated.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
To their potential? More like a million times past their potential. That was a complete mess of a roster. Just insane. A first year head coach is already better than Pruitt who is in his third year.
Hate to argue semantics, but a team can only compete at the level to which they are capable. But our coach's team just quit on him.

We have excellent coaches. Pruitt needs to get past JG. I am not sure even Nick Saban could win at Tennessee. This program is cursed.
Excellent coaches wouldn’t have us playing like we did today. A lot of our problems were the qb position, sure. But their lack of foresight on that situation is on them. Horrible qb management. Had chances to give back ups reps against Missouri and Georgia, and didn’t.

Easy. They have a decent quarterback who is a team leader. We don’t have that

If you want to see how much a decent quarterback and leader can re-energize, ignite, and change the team dynamic, look no further than Arkansas

Fight and team energy. If you want to see how much a decent quarterback and leader can re-energize, ignite, and change the whole team dynamic, look at Arkansas

we don’t have that and haven’t for a very long time - I don’t even think the team respects JG. We give up as soon as something bad happens and then it’s over

VN Store

Back