How involved with the offense is Pruitt?

tnktm

I wonder if he’s letting Chaney be mostly in charge or if he’s heavily involved? I want to give Pruitt some slack because he’s a 1st time head coach and because he’s well thought of as a coordinator but the O could be his downfall. I do want to give a shoutout among all the negativity to the rbs today - I saw some tough running from them.

Reactions: Madscientistvol
I was reading a different thread and thinking about this too. If he’s trying to play big man and micro managing the O when he needs to trust his O coordinator then he may kill this job sound it.

I was reading a different thread and thinking about this too. If he’s trying to play big man and micro managing the O when he needs to trust his O coordinator then he may kill this job sound it.
Why would anybody think Chaney can put a better product on the field than what he has? He has had multiple 100+ ranked offenses on the field...including at least one here.

Why would anybody think Chaney can put a better product on the field than what he has? He has had multiple 100+ ranked offenses on the field...including at least one here.
The inexplicable fixation with Guarantano is why. I’m not saying Chaney is an offensive mastermind, but is he or is Pruitt the reason why JG is giving so much leeway for screwups?

Here's what I know.

-Chaney has been an OC for a long time. Since 94'.
- His last few jobs UT, Arky, UGA, UT.
- At worst he's been pretty good at more than 1 place.

- Pruitt was an assistant/coordinator up and until 2.5 years ago. His first on the field college coaching job was a DB coach at Bama in 2010.
- Hes been a defensive coach his entire but short career.

What I dont know.
- How much control Chaney really has with personnel.
- How much influence Pruitt has on what the offense is trying to do.

If you consider the above you would think Pruitt would be more involved on defense and spending more time on game situation management. He spent a lot of money on an experienced commodity.

I'm just not sure thats what he's doing.

I wonder if he’s letting Chaney be mostly in charge or if he’s heavily involved? I want to give Pruitt some slack because he’s a 1st time head coach and because he’s well thought of as a coordinator but the O could be his downfall. I do want to give a shoutout among all the negativity to the rbs today - I saw some tough running from them.
This is his third year!

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Pruitt will be much more involved after his post game commentary yesterday!

VN Store

Back