How I wish Pippen Jr. was a Vol

Well this thread has taken a turn. This guy has outplayed his star rating. He has led the SEC in scoring for two years while on an average at best team. Everyone has a bad game and he appears to have had his worst when they needed for him to just be average.

Well this thread has taken a turn. This guy has outplayed his star rating. He has led the SEC in scoring for two years while on an average at best team. Everyone has a bad game and he appears to have had his worst when they needed for him to just be average.
It’s easy to average 20ppg whenever you put up 15 shots and add in 8 free throws per game. If he were treated like everyone else he would be lucky to average 15ppg at the max. He not one bad game, but two horrendously bad games in a row. He almost lost them the Alabama game, and did lose them the Kentucky game. But let the media tell you how great he is if you want.

Refs not calling fouls didn’t make him miss all those open shots. He just missed a lot of open shots.
Both can be right. He shot 21 free throws the night before and only 5 against Kentucky. That is a drastic change. He sucks though, so of course he is going to miss open shots. I think most agree Pippen is extremely overrated and it’s only because of the last name.

Junior missed 15 shots, but ESPN puts one of the 2 he made in their highlights. So they could include the video of the proud poppa. BTW, where’s momma? Hanging out with a Kardashian instead of watching her son play ball?

Both can be right. He shot 21 free throws the night before and only 5 against Kentucky. That is a drastic change. He sucks though, so of course he is going to miss open shots. I think most agree Pippen is extremely overrated and it’s only because of the last name.[/QUO

There is no “both”. He didn’t say that he scored fewer points due to refs. He said he missed more shots. “Most” don’t agree that he’s extremely overrated. Most of who? He’s all SEC back to back years. He’s definitely on a bad streak the last two games.

You act like he doesn’t have some decent players around him. A good player realizes when he doesn’t have it going and feeds his other teammates. Stute and Wright were more than capable of taking the majority of the shots. Pippen tried to play hero ball and it got his team knocked out. Not the first time he’s done it this year either. Give Chandler 15 shots along with 8 free throws per game and he would average 22ppg. See how the stats can be skewed? You know why Chandler doesn’t do those things though? It doesn’t contribute to winning, which is what matters most.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
He plays undisciplined under Stack, but I wonder if he could be a breakout star if he hit the transfer portal and came to Kentucky? I'd take him.

Everytime I have watched the kid, he has always put up a great game. One of the best 3 star athletes I have seen in my lifetime

Just wish he never went to Vandy!

Imagine what he would have done here!

Kid is going to be in the NBA for a long time
What, are you 6 months old?

No thanks. He’s a great player but needs to play with 4 stiffs. He defines “ball hog”.

K
That play is actually smart basketball. If a defender is going to outreach his arms then it’s a guaranteed foul whenever you go up for a shot. There’s no deceiving going on with that. It’s cut and dry. That’s why you don’t reach and play wide. What Pippen/Harden do is deceiving the refs, which is not real basketball.

Kinda like pointing your way when the ball goes outta bounds eh? Everyone whose ever bounced a ball has done it. If the refs are so blind that they can be deceived by a flopping player, pointing direction, or drawing a foul then more power to them ... it's part of the game. Fix the stupid refs, not smart players.

Reaching in to a shooter is a foul. Jumping into defenders while throwing up a wild shot isn’t. Only the last name generates whistles for the latter. Tonight the refs didn’t pander to the last name and the result was a bunch of air balls and 2 of 17 shots being made by your hero’s son.

Good point. If refs do their jobs, then its real purty.

K

Kinda like pointing your way when the ball goes outta bounds eh? Everyone whose ever bounced a ball has done it. If the refs are so blind that they can be deceived by a flopping player, pointing direction, or drawing a foul then more power to them ... it's part of the game. Fix the stupid refs, not smart players.
Pippen is not a smart player lol

Pippen was a combined 7-36 (19.4%) overall and 2-11 (18.2%) from three against Alabama/Kentucky. Yep I wish that guy was a Vol 😂
Vandy goes to the line 45 times making 35 against Bama. Pippen has 15 points of those, the kid can get some foul calls but a lot of them I don't see.

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back