How does Kiffins welcome back to Knoxville go?

15281475_0.jpg

Reactions: knox73
No hate here. I thought the guy was fun as a head coach at TN and did leave for what he believed was his dream job. He should have left Knoxville differently (professional immaturity). He does come up with some pretty funny stuff from time to time.

I still hope we lay fitty plus on Ol Miss and our D smothers them.

Go Vols!

Why do peep keep begrudging "the way he left?" The man could have stepped on a plane but went back to speak to the team and was besieged by an angry mob. I think he got something like a two million dollar per year raise to coach his dream team. Would you turn down two million dollars a year? I don't think he wanted to leave, but I knew if USC kept scratching names off their list, Kiffin would say yes. As impossible as it seemed after asking everybody to buy in, taking the other job was a no-brainer.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
I don't doubt he gets booed by Volunteers fans because worse than writing that check he couldn't cash for the Volunteers defeating the Tebow Gators which as expected did fail is he decides to leave the Volunteers in a blunt way because he didn't state why or give a 2 Weeks notice which is hugely unprofessional and complete bush league meaning absolute irrefutable awful.

I don't doubt he gets booed by Volunteers fans because worse than writing that check he couldn't cash for the Volunteers defeating the Tebow Gators which as expected did fail is he decides to leave the Volunteers in a blunt way because he didn't state why or give a 2 Weeks notice which is hugely unprofessional and complete bush league meaning absolute irrefutable awful.
Doug Dickey left without notice in 1969 for his dream job

Why do peep keep begrudging "the way he left?" The man could have stepped on a plane but went back to speak to the team and was besieged by an angry mob. I think he got something like a two million dollar per year raise to coach his dream team. Would you turn down two million dollars a year? I don't think he wanted to leave, but I knew if USC kept scratching names off their list, Kiffin would say yes. As impossible as it seemed after asking everybody to buy in, taking the other job was a no-brainer.
I don't really care one way or another it's that man's right, just like it's fans right to boo him on sight. But the money can't be the reason. He was scheduled to make 2.7 mil at UT in yr 2. California has a hefty state tax while Tennessee doesn't. That alone makes the money pretty much even, might have been somewhere between 600,000- 1mil difference. This is without even talking cost of living in LA vs Knoxville.

I don't really care one way or another it's that man's right, just like it's fans right to boo him on sight. But the money can't be the reason. He was scheduled to make 2.7 mil at UT in yr 2. California has a hefty state tax while Tennessee doesn't. That alone makes the money pretty much even, might have been somewhere between 600,000- 1mil difference. This is without even talking cost of living in LA vs Knoxville.
He valued the lifestyle in LA in the same way that those of us value the lifestyle in East Tennessee. He did not belong here.

Reactions: 901 Orange
There is that. What's the word on his belonging in Oxford, Mississippi?
He doesn’t belong there either and will jump as soon as there is a taker. You have to remember that there were 60 something job openings between the tarmac and Ole Miss, so I’m assuming that the only people who wanted him were Ole Miss and a portion of the Tennessee fan base. But somebody else some day will be enamored enough with his Butch Jones like record and make him an offer. He won’t be in Oxford 5 seasons.

He doesn’t belong there either and will jump as soon as there is a taker. You have to remember that there were 60 something job openings between the tarmac and Ole Miss, so I’m assuming that the only people who wanted him were Ole Miss and a portion of the Tennessee fan base. But somebody else some day will be enamored enough with his Butch Jones like record and make him an offer. He won’t be in Oxford 5 seasons.
UCLA

I've seen it mentioned we should storm the field if we beat OM. That would make them more relevant than they are. We should save that for w a win over GA, FL, BAMA. OM is not deserving of that much excitement.

I've seen it mentioned we should storm the field if we beat OM. That would make them more relevant than they are. We should save that for w a win over GA, FL, BAMA. OM is not deserving of that much excitement.

I agree with you completely because the Rebels are not in the league of Alabama or Georgia.

The Volunteers defeating the Rebels isn't a high bar accomplishment that is worthy for Volunteers fans to storm the field because the Rebels are a good team.
The Volunteers fans should storm the field if the Volunteers defeat a great most likely to be undefeated Georgia Bulldogs team in Rocky Top which I'm confident is achievable with Hooker as the starting QB and the Volunteers possibly have hit their stride since he became the starter, or if the miracle happens that is they defeat the Crimson Tide in Alabama because that is climbing Mount Everest for a good Volunteers team.

I personally think the next time we storm the field ought to be having just won a championship.

If we storm the field because of who we beat, then we're making it about the other team. If we storm the field because of winning a championship, then it's all about our lads. The latter is a much better reason to go nuts.

Go Vols!

I thought that was Paul Finebum. You can tell by looking at him he has never played a snap in a football game. I can't for the life of me figure out how that wienie gets paid to talk about football.
The University of Tennessee Communications and Journalism School.

He valued the lifestyle in LA in the same way that those of us value the lifestyle in East Tennessee. He did not belong here.

I always heard his wife also pressured him to go back to LA where she was trying to make a career for herself. Don't know how much of that is true but if it is she duped him big time because she divorced when he got fired by USC. Wasn't leaving LA.

Don't forget Kiffin's Krimson Korner...

This is so funny. Why we ever hired this clown is beyond me. Guess I'm missing something, Al Davis fired him for a reason and we still have fans who want him back. I hope we win Saturday because if we don't the lane train will never stop until Ole Miss cans him.

I personally think the next time we storm the field ought to be having just won a championship.

If we storm the field because of who we beat, then we're making it about the other team. If we storm the field because of winning a championship, then it's all about our lads. The latter is a much better reason to go nuts.

Go Vols!

Beat Bama or UGA and Storm till your heart is content. But for Ole Miss? NO!!!!!!!!

It's been a minute since the last time I looked. Iirc, the difference was one or two million, depending on how you work the numbers. The higher difference includes money from Kiffin's salary used to pay salaries of staff, e.g. his father. Accepting your numbers of 600,000 to 1,000,000 bucks, with cost of living bump, that is still a substantial difference in his income.

VN Store

Back