How do schedules get made?

Dougie_D

I want to give props whoever works out our schedules. We always play top notch schools who end up in the tourney.
Since we played AT North Carolina, AT Wisconsin. Do they play here next? What about IL? We away ?
Or is it not always a home/away deal?
With that being said. Who should TN go for next year?
I think a Uconn men’s away/home should be kn the mix.
I wouldn’t mind Baylor or what about St. John’s? That’s a team on the up!
Thoughts?!

Reactions: Volfan1000
We will play @ Illinois December 14th next year to complete the home and home. @Wisconsin this season was the second leg of a home and home dating back to 2019 where they won at TBA(COVID delayed the originally planned meeting @Wisconsin). UNC was the SEC-ACC Challenge matchup for us which I recall being announced before the season

We also play in the Baha Mar Hoops Bahamas Championship(Baylor, St. John's, Virginia) in November.

I want to give props whoever works out our schedules. We always play top notch schools who end up in the tourney.
Since we played AT North Carolina, AT Wisconsin. Do they play here next? What about IL? We away ?
Thoughts?!

Wisconsin came to Knoxville 4 years ago. UNC and Illinois owe TN games in Knoxville.

We will play @ Illinois December 14th next year to complete the home and home. @Wisconsin this season was the second leg of a home and home dating back to 2019 where they won at TBA(COVID delayed the originally planned meeting @Wisconsin). UNC was the SEC-ACC Challenge matchup for us which I recall being announced before the season

We also play in the Baha Mar Hoops Bahamas Championship(Baylor, St. John's, Virginia) in November.
That BaHa Mar hoops championship sounds amazing.
So besides @IL and Bahamas, how many non conference games are there? You think we get UConn? We got them in women’s and football. Seems logical it’s around the corner!

You mean NC. We already got IL in Knoxville

Actually we owe Illinois a game at their place and since UNC was the ACC Challenge we aren’t owed a visit by UNC. TooLegit spelled it out accurately a few posts above. We’re all square with Wisconsin and UNC - got to travel to Illinois.

Thoughts?!

Barnes and his staff always come up with challenging schedules that get Tennessee ready for the NCAA Tournament.

The SEC/ACC and other conference challenge matchups are always put together based on the anticipated strength of the team for the upcoming season, more than anything. I expect us to play UNC or Duke in Knoxville.

VN Store

Back