How difficult would it to bring Bruce back?

18j5240ckrimojpg.jpg

#bbb

He really had no choice. If he loses Barnes, he's toast with the fan base. And who would he be able to replace Barnes with that would satisfy/excite the fans? Pearl will never coach UT again...ever. Every top name out there knows the challenges he'd face at UT. We've got Penny closing the borders around the western part of the state. Vandy in mid state. UK is the 800lb gorilla in the room. Pearl lighting it up at Auburn. UGA with a top 10 class. Throw in the fact that we likely will lose 4 starters and have zero proven talent to replace them. The incoming class has 2 guys who are projects. The lone "star" they signed was dropped to a 4 star as he stuggled vs elite competition offensively. Fulmer is no fool. He knew he had no hand to play in this poker game. Folks say he was green and inexperienced . I disagree. Fulmer knew his hand was a pair of deuces and Barnes had 4 aces. Folding was the smart play...the only play.
I mostly agree. The Memphis thing is way overblown and the amount of kids Rick would take from there is very small. The mid-state area is still up for grabs and always will be. CRB recruits on a national level very well. And the points about Phil signing Rick are obvious. So of course Phil had to do what he did. And glad he did.

Pearl will never coach at Tennessee again because he would never accept the job. He has a school that wants him and he will become legend there. A fine coach but he's water under the bridge.
Can't accept a job that will never be offered to him to begin with, so that makes his choice really simple.

Wow! Another "Let's get Bruce Pearl back" thread? Seriously? What does CRB have to do, to satisfy some of you? I have no problem with CRB trying to better his situation, and his assistants, as well. It is a damn business!! He's not a "Tennessee Man"! He never was, or ever will be! He is a Basketball Coach, who gives his all, everyday, for himself, and his family. We will get his best, because it is a direct reflection on him, and his assistants! That is all I can ask. Maybe a "Tennessee Man" will distinguish themselves enough to be considered for the position, after CRB is finished. Does anyone have someone on their radar?

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Pearl at Five Oaks Farm Kitchen today. Saw this and had to get a pic.

Attachments

• 20190512_183634.jpg
    20190512_183634.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 25
Michigan might pursue Pearl after John Beilien left to become the Cleveland Cavaliers's head coach.

Pearl at Five Oaks Farm Kitchen today. Saw this and had to get a pic.
His mother-in-law still lives in Sevierville. That being said, he still has strong ties to Knoxville and UT. I doubt he will ever be the coach at UT again, but he still has an attraction to that idea.

The guy has a chance to go down as Auburn's all-time greatest b-ball coach, if he manages to keep his nose clean (and that's a big if). Not sure why he'd entertain the idea of ever coming back here and attempting to live up to expectations that would be placed on the program at that point? In my opinion, it's the same pipe dream many UT fans have about Peyton signing on to be the OC or HC of the football program.

Reactions: Big time vol
If you've seen Avengers: Endgame, here's all we have to do:

A) Invent/perfect time travel
B) Go back to 2008 and keep Aaron Craft from going to that cookout.
C) Stay in the new timeline created where Pearl wasn't fired.

Get to it!

Nearly impossible if Barnes' childhood dream was to coach Michigan and Phil ponies up 8.5 million to keep him.

No he doesn’t. I gotta hand it to ya man I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone stan so hard for a guy who can barely make Sweet 16’s

Lol. “Barely make Sweet 16’s.” Way to spin it. You are the opposite of him.

VN Store

Back