How did you know?

I watched him in action at UGA and tried to warn you. He is an excellent DC, but doesn't have the personality or temperament to be a HC.

I’m not gonna lie, I had no idea he’d **** the bed against Georgia State and perform horribly has HC. I have no idea about CJH either, I just hope the offense makes pass attempts besides when it’s third and Nashville.

Very early on he proved to have zero respect for Tennessee football. Fulmer should have fired him long before game 1 was ever played. It's never too late to fire a bad hire. Especially when that much is on the line. It is incredible that Fulmer did not step up and do that. All of the great coaches of college football the past 40 years would have. Bryant, Ozborn, J. Johnson, Paterno, and on and on. They would have. That is the difference, I guess, between them and Fulmer.

Oh and his tenuous grasp on the English language. Made clear during his press conference.

Forgive me if this this has been posted before. But for you folks who correctly predicted Pruitt would fail (I was very much on the Pruitt bandwagon) What was your clue that he would be a disaster?
Cornbread. A couple post games. The Loss to nobody and BYU.

I agree I honestly thought he would have a stellar defense. With Chaney's offense how could we fail. I thought this guy knows what good football should look like. I honestly thought he'd get us back to 10-3 11-2 type seasons..
yep. what a fool i was.
Blame it on tooo many years too close to theCapstone

Has there ever been any credible reporting, insider info, or whatever from the locker room at half during the UGA game last year?

That second half team was not the same team that went into the locker room.

Forgive me if this this has been posted before. But for you folks who correctly predicted Pruitt would fail (I was very much on the Pruitt bandwagon) What was your clue that he would be a disaster?

When he showed up drunk on Mark Richt's porch one night wanting to fight him.......all you needed to know...

Nobody else wanted to hire him as hfc. Now ask yourself who was trying to hire Hoople away from UCF. We keep bringing dull knives to gunfights and expecting a miracle.

Reactions: DickeyD
Fulmer would have never let Pruitt go, he would have to admit he made a mistake. He gave Pruitt a blank check and an extension to give him all the chances he could to succeed and make Fulmer's hire look good. PF deserved to be swept out of the Ath. Dept with everyone else. Not sure he deserved the buyout he got.

I almost feel like anyone who responds to this should provide evidence that they doubted Pruitt from the beginning.
Check the "Pruitt Confidence Level" thread from November 2018 season, and "Satisfied with Coaching" thread from Sept of 2018. A lot of people were already doubting he had what it takes.

Major flaw at speaking the English language....had no off. style, lived in the past w/Bama aths.

I wasn't fully committed either way. Having said that, I thought he had the football knowledge and skills to have done a good job and still be coaching a comeback program. However, like predicting players, I did not anticipate his complete ineptitude at administering his position as CEO. I knew he would have some things to grow into, but he didn't.

Yea....making an overrated OC the 2nd highest paid in the nation while he puts the 102nd ranked offense on the field is not a major problem...Ok, chadrick :rolleyes:
Chaney was good at Georgia, Pitt, etc. He was pretty good everywhere he went. I’m not sure how much Georgia was paying when we hired him away but I do recall they tried to retain him by offering more money. The guy is highly thought of amongst SEC head coaches at least until he worked under Pruitt. But if you want to classify Chaney as a “major problem” in the Pruitt era feel free to.

What did surprise me was the Defense was just as BAD as the Offense.

And let me say the Offense was offensive..

Let's hope better times are ahead soon!

VN Store

Back