How Barnes can recruit like this?

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
Barnes has a crazy recruiting strategy to get 3 star players that are 4 or 5 stars in talent.

Yea he’s also recruited a lot of players that haven’t produced but to get all these 3 stars like Grant, Admiral, Bone, Bowden, Alexander, Turner, etc is nothing short of miraculous imo....

I’m not sure that it’s really sustainable though on a yearly basis Bc if your evaluations are off then you bring in guys that will really struggle. I see where he got a 5 star guard coming in, but he’s going to need more 4 star and 5 star talents to sustain anywhere near the level of success we’re having currently....

Anybody hv any opinions on this?

Reactions: RollerVol
Barnes has a crazy recruiting strategy to get 3 star players that are 4 or 5 stars in talent.

Yea he’s also recruited a lot of players that haven’t produced but to get all these 3 stars like Grant, Admiral, Bone, Bowden, Alexander, Turner, etc is nothing short of miraculous imo....

I’m not sure that it’s really sustainable though on a yearly basis Bc if your evaluations are off then you bring in guys that will really struggle. I see where he got a 5 star guard coming in, but he’s going to need more 4 star and 5 star talents to sustain anywhere near the level of success we’re having currently....

My opinion is he is really good at what he does, and this is the football forum

My opinion is that there's no such thing as 5 star talent, at least in any way that we measure people out of high school. If a 2 star gets an offer from an elite school, now he's a 4 or 5 star. To become a 2 star in the first place he just had to go to a few camps.

I won’t question what Barnes does because he has proven it works.

We have the type of old school team that UK craves. Developed players that stay for years. They’ve had so much success they now rely on too many high rated one and done guys that don’t necessarily gel each year.

Personality and work ethic are important to Barnes. He will get 3* guys if they can take coaching and work hard. Same for the right 5* as well.

For anyone not a b-ball fan, now is the time to tune in. Enjoy each game. This is a special team.

Admiral and Alexander were Tyndall recruits, I think.

I won’t question what Barnes does because he has proven it works.

We have the type of old school team that UK craves. Developed players that stay for years. They’ve had so much success they now rely on too many high rated one and done guys that don’t necessarily gel each year.

Personality and work ethic are important to Barnes. He will get 3* guys if they can take coaching and work hard. Same for the right 5* as well.

For anyone not a b-ball fan, now is the time to tune in. Enjoy each game. This is a special team.

Never cared about BB before last year, but you are right. They are certainly entertaining and special to watch.

Reactions: tennezz and jjvols
a three star in basketball isnt like a three star in football. iyam imho. there simply just arent as many of them.

also, attitude and coachibility are yuge.

Reactions: tennezz
Nothing new! Gillespie found really, really good running backs every recruiting season
Bill-a- Cheat finds good difference makers. Danny Woodhead, Wes Walker, Brady, Bruski
Some coaches recognize talent & potential, while other coaches recruit by the star system

If a key player suffers an injury, then that can derail things. So you have to have a team full of achieving players and get your recruiting evals correct

I would be happy to see the death of the one-and-done system. It is ruining college basketball

I'm not a big fan of one and done either, but if the player is good enough to play in the NBA I don't blame him for leaving.

Coach Barnes has proven himself to be a great coach and a mad genius. I was worried about the game tonight until I remembered,,,Hey Rick Barnes team... then the last 90 seconds happened. LOL

Coach Barnes has proven himself to be a great coach and a mad genius. I was worried about the game tonight until I remembered,,,Hey Rick Barnes team... then the last 90 seconds happened. LOL
Yeah it was like they were just playing around in practice or something then they said ok enough playing and just embarrassed them in like 90 secs.

Remember who is assigning stars. It is people like Brent Hubbs and Dave Hooker. They don't know one player from the next. And yes, stars go up simply because a school offers. It is a stupid measurement that has swept through fans. Most coaches could care a less what the "recruiting experts" put beside a kids name. Only the know nothing fans do. The top guys are very easy to spot in any sport. But most of these services are simply copy cat.

Reactions: savannahfan

VN Store

Back