How about Rush Propst?

I don't think he'd hire him as OC but it's very likely that Probst could be added to the staff. He gave Pruitt his 1st shot really and CJP is a loyal guy. He's got a brilliant football mind and has definitely outgrown the HS level and age makes it a now or never time for him. He's got some major negatives as well but I think he'll be added to the staff, maybe not this year but in the future.

On top of no college experience he....

- was caught getting players grades altered
- suspended for a year for head butting a player
- not only had an affair but basically had a second life and allowed a reporter that brought it up to be hired while propst continued to lie.

Sounds like a great low risk / high reward hire...

Actually its the most Tennessee thing to do at the moment.

Gus Malzahn went from high school to Arkansas to Auburn to head coach at Arkansas State to head coach at Auburn
Not bad do high school coach
He didnt go from arkansas to auburn, he was oc at Tulsa before going to auburn.
Auburn is also considering firing him at the moment.
So yeah, one guy having moderate success makes it a good idea. I guess if we have arkansas level expectations at Tennessee, then why not?

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Kevin Creasy, head coach at Murfreesboro Oakland, will be the next Gary Rankhorn in Tennessee High School Football. Wins wherever he goes. That's if he doesn't move up to college somewhere. Not suggesting OC hire, just saying.

High School coach = High School results

Not that I am advocating for Probst, but do you believe a high school coach cannot move to the college ranks? Does the same go for moving from college to NFL? Just trying to figure out what you mean.

High School coach = High School results
Chad Morris was a high school coach in Texas before spending one year as OC at Tulsa and then moving on to Clemson. He helped save Dabo's job and turn them into what they are today. Venables also played a big part, but Dabo wouldn't have made it without that high school coach.

Not that I am advocating for Probst, but do you believe a high school coach cannot move to the college ranks? Does the same go for moving from college to NFL? Just trying to figure out what you mean.
Ive posted several replies showing my stance. I think it needs to be a progression, not straight to oc of a major school.
Not to mention the fact that Prospt is pretty much a piece of trash ethically. Now, I firmly believe morality has little to do with a hire, its more risk reward.

So given the position UT is in right now, this would be an awful hire. It's a huge risk for CJP and I think he is smart enough to not take it.

Chad Morris was a high school coach in Texas before spending one year as OC at Tulsa and then moving on to Clemson. He helped save Dabo's job and turn them into what they are today. Venables also played a big part, but Dabo wouldn't have made it without that high school coach.
Good for him.....So you are saying going to a smaller school first is probably the best route? I agree.

VN Store

Back