How about Rush Propst?

Addressing the OP, seems risky. Too risky for me.

Also, if this were who CJP wanted, it would already be done.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
He has extra-marital baggage as well. Pruitt likes him so he could definitely evolve into a major candidate. Hiring anything at Tennessee is a definitely very hard to accomplish. We work overtime to get a list make a decision and come up with the right person. In spite of the time and patience we take we usually come up with the wrong guy. So just watching and waiting to see how this goes will definitely hire someone eventually.

High School coach = High School results
There are numerous former HS coaches who have had success with P5 schools. Chad Morris was the OC at Clemson one year removed from the HS scene. Malzhan started in HS. So did Odom. And I'm sure there's more.

Not everyone has the connections to land a GA spot or position coach early on and have to take another path.

Lot of red flags but also, OC would not be his first position - likely he would need to be position coach first, where he might be able to get past the baggage, then move up to OC. There is no question of his coaching skills but then, he would also need time to adjust to college level.

Reactions: governmentmule
Freeze started his college career as a te coach, then went to a small school, lambarth I think. Then oc at ark st.....And so on....not oc at a major school with an inexperienced head coach.

Nice try though

I would try again, but I actually agree with the point you're making. Pass

Reactions: volfannbama
High School Coach = Ultimately a 3x National Champion as a DC and head coach of the Tennessee Volunteers

But sure
Again....began his college career as a position coach.....So yeah...totally the same thing.

NM, ive done some research and I cant believe we are actually outbiding everyone trying to pull CRP. Actually he is the goat, outstanding hire, not sure why we even considered all these other folks.

He has extra marriage baggage as well. Pruitt likes him so he could definitely evolve into a major candidate. Hiring anything at Tennessee is a definitely very hard to accomplish. We work overtime to get a list make a decision and come up with the right person. In spite of the time and patience we take we usually come up with the wrong guy. So just watching and waiting to see how this goes will definitely hire someone eventually.
Fify.....I think.

Reactions: tbh
There are numerous former HS coaches who have had success with P5 schools. Chad Morris was the OC at Clemson one year removed from the HS scene. Malzhan started in HS. So did Odom. And I'm sure there's more.

Not everyone has the connections to land a GA spot or position coach early on and have to take another path.
In not saying being a hs school is bad, im saying most make a progression. Sure there are outliers, however, no argument can be made that CRP isnt a huge risk at oc.....and im not sure a high risk is what Tennessee needs right now.

VN Store

Back