Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)

Buddy of mine has it early. Really loves it and compares it to a baby that RDR, Assassin's Creed, Witcher 3, and Far Cry Primal all had together.

Buddy of mine has it early. Really loves it and compares it to a baby that RDR, Assassin's Creed, Witcher 3, and Far Cry Primal all had together.

I hope the map is more like Far Cry than it is Witcher 3. I liked the Witcher but I thought it was too damn big. I swear it's the gaming equivalent of The Return of the King: Director's Cut. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. I never completed it, I only abandoned it because after so many hours I just wanted to move on.

I hope the map is more like Far Cry than it is Witcher 3. I liked the Witcher but I thought it was too damn big. I swear it's the gaming equivalent of The Return of the King: Director's Cut. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. I never completed it, I only abandoned it because after so many hours I just wanted to move on.

I had to truck through it myself. It was like a part-time job lol

Please don't be cookie cutter side quests like Ass Creed...

Yeah

Did you check PSN store online and look at your download list? You might have to go in there and click to download it

I'll check after work. It definitely shows that I purchased the game in the store and I see the countdown timer there. It just didn't put it on my XMB for some reason.

I only got a chance to play for a short while last night. The game is gorgeous, obviously! Lighting is dynamic and striking at times. Textures are of very high quality. The world seems very "alive."

My only "nitpick" with the graphical presentation is, it just me or does Aloy's character model as a young girl seem...weird? I can't put my finger on it but when she's running around she almost seems more like a female midget than she does a young child. I know that sounds dumb but at times I had flashbacks of Warwick Davis in Willow. Anyway, that's a VERY minor nitpick. Otherwise the game is an effin' boss when it comes to graphics!

But what really surprised me was just how fluid and intuitive the combat is. I had a blast taking down the machines! It really makes The Witcher 3's combat system seem clunky and antiquated by comparison. The stealth mechanics are also very well implemented but I'm not a stealth guy. I'm running around looking to pick fights because it's so much fun LOL!

I'm also finding the story to be much more intriguing than I thought I would. I loved the opening cinematic and like someone else already said, I immediately felt sympathy for Rost and Aloy.

Like I said, I only got to play it for a short time but I can already tell this is a high HIGH quality game!

Last edited:
Were you referring to my post? I didn't think I posted anything spoilerish. The events that I posted about have been in the trailers for a while now.
Pretty sure nothing about why a person would feel sympathy for Rost or Aloy has been put out in trailers......just saying some might hate reading that, you do what you want tho I was just giving a friendly reminded that hiding spoilers is a good thing :)

I've played a few hours of this one yesterday. Story is solid, with lots of character development. The combat has been fun, but quite easy thus far. I'm sure it gets more difficult later on.

As everyone else said, the graphics are amazing. Also, the writers have done a good job of making you care about the characters.

Love it. Gonna be honest I haven't really gotten into stealth. But whooping some wholesale machine ass has been fun.

I've played a few hours of this one yesterday. Story is solid, with lots of character development. The combat has been fun, but quite easy thus far. I'm sure it gets more difficult later on.

As everyone else said, the graphics are amazing. Also, the writers have done a good job of making you care about the characters.
You start going a little West and you will see the difficulty raise and start wishing you were just fighting watchers again

No spoilers: anyone tried the hunters trials out? They're fairly challenging and you get a ton of exp and a gift box

No spoilers: anyone tried the hunters trials out? They're fairly challenging and you get a ton of exp and a gift box

Yup was pretty easy until the one where you have to use the trip caster.

This game is just so damn pretty

Attachments

• IMG_20170303_221803.jpg
    IMG_20170303_221803.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 8

VN Store

Back