Hoping HH gets another Big Opportunity to Shine!

VOL89grad

Kudo’s to our former QB for what he did for our team, and to CJH for making sure that HH was featured in VOL pro-day awhile back (there’s actually another article about that that I won’t bother to provide the link as I’m guessing many have seen it).

All HH’s hard work to perfect his tradecraft on and off the field is fortunately paying off as we near the NFL draft at the end of this month. I suspect that the “professional“ draft analysts are correct in that most teams interested in our QB aren’t looking for a day 1 starter such as the Vikings, SeaHawks, or even Raiders.… just like when he transferred from being a HOKIE to a VOL I don’t think anyone was expecting him to start day 1.

Here’s hoping that the pride and excitement HH provided us (especially last year) translates into his name being called in the first round… and that he can continue to encourage and excite fanbases at the next level.

Go VOLS!

He has the work ethic and discipline a lot of guys just don’t have. He’s going to do well for himself.

I agree. That’s what it baffles me that everyone keeps talking about him being the 2nd oldest QB ever drafted. That true, but you not getting the immaturity that you will with the younger QBs. He’s mature, well spoken, football smart , & seems like an all around good guy & team player. But yet he’s “old”

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I agree. That’s what it baffles me that everyone keeps talking about him being the 2nd oldest QB ever drafted. That true, but you not getting the immaturity that you will with the younger QBs. He’s mature, well spoken, football smart , & seems like an all around good guy & team player. But yet he’s “old”
He is old in sports terms. Rookies are often coming off their Rookie contract at the age he'll be entering. Then if you look if he sits his Rookie, that's one year one more. Most teams want to draft and build around younger guys.
He'll get a shot but it may be a round 2 pick

proxy-image

Is he worse than Tribusky or Mayfield ?! He's a day one starter in the league for the next decade. Would You spend a first round pick on that guy ?! Everytime.

Reactions: feathersax
Not much about the NFL method of selecting quarterbacks makes sense. If you notice, they fail a lot at it.
Well when they keep saying guys like Will Levis (who through for a mighty 98 yards or whatever against our stellar secondary) and Anthony Richardson are the best QB options around, is it really surprising?

Reactions: feathersax
I hope no one takes this the wrong way because I genuinely admire HH as a person. But my main interest in his NFL success is that it quiets guys like Smart who are taking shots and negative recruiting against Heupel's system. HH doesn't have to be an immediate starter but we don't need reports that he's struggling with NFL playbooks and reads.

VN Store

Back