Hoping Chaney took notes from the NC title game

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
Sarkisian laid out a masterful game plan to win the NC for Bama as their OC. Not only that, but play after play after play matchup issues for the OSU defense were so exploited elementary school kids could see them. LBs chasing a Heisman winning WR down in single coverage?!?!?

Sarkisian granted had great talent to work with but I'm guessing he could have taken a good group of junior high kids and done the same thing. The plan and the matchups were so glaringly great.

Our offense has been anemic for years. There's more than one reason why that has been. That said, I'd like to see someone as experienced as Coach Chaney dialup matchup problems and exploit them on the regular and if necessary, tell the HC to butt out on the game plan and calling it to get those matchups in place.

Sarkisian laid out a masterful game plan to win the NC for Bama as their OC. Not only that, but play after play after play matchup issues for the OSU defense were so exploited elementary school kids could see them. LBs chasing a Heisman winning WR down in single coverage?!?!?

Sarkisian granted had great talent to work with but I'm guessing he could have taken a good group of junior high kids and done the same thing. The plan and the matchups were so glaringly great.

Our offense has been anemic for years. There's more than one reason why that has been. That said, I'd like to see someone as experienced as Coach Chaney dialup matchup problems and exploit them on the regular and if necessary, tell the HC to butt out on the game plan and calling it to get those matchups in place.

That game planning requires an offensive line that can hold up to a four man pass rush

Ummm.....don't think for a second that the "talent gap" doesn't have A LOT to do with how masterful his "game plan" looked. I think you'll see him come back to earth at least initially when he rolls to Texas when he doesn't have the offensive toys that he's had at Alabama.

Ummm.....don't think for a second that the "talent gap" doesn't have A LOT to do with how masterful his "game plan" looked. I think you'll see him come back to earth at least initially when he rolls to Texas when he doesn't have the offensive toys that he's had at Alabama.
We might end up shocked at the available toys down there.

* Every playcall was timely.

* Every playcall seemed like it had a purpose whether to get Smith the ball in space, establish the run game with Harris, or to set up another play later on (many of which resulted in a touchdown). Seldom was a play called that seemed like the mindset of: "I guess we'll go with this play and see how the defense reacts"...

*With each possession and even after big scores, there always seemed to be a sense of urgency to get the next one.

*There seemed to be 10,000 different specialized plays, but each player on the offense knew exactly how to execute each one of them.

*Jones is a good QB and I realize he's got historically great playmakers around him, but he doesn't do anything to screw it up either.....(yes, that's a plus)

Last edited:

Why aren’t we calling for Chaney’s head? He hasn’t impressed me at all!

Easy to dial up plays to a Heisman WR with a Heisman runner up QB. But I have seen some offensive presentations from Sark. And he is a really good offensive mind.

* Every playcall was timely.

* Every playcall seemed like it had a purpose whether to get Smith the ball in space, establish the run game with Harris, or to set up another play later on ( many of these were TD's).

*With each possession and even after big scores, there always seemed to be a sense of urgency to get the next one.

*There seemed to be 10,000 different specialized plays, but the offense knew exactly how to execute each one.

*Jones is a good QB and I realize he's got historically great playmakers around him, but he doesn't do anything to screw it up.....(yes, that's a plus)
Jones was very impressive at quick and accurate decisions. The drop off to D.Smith on the left was a perfectly designed play and read by Jones. Jones should have won the MVP. I’m not sure how D.Smith won it being out the second half while Jones was right on the money the whole game.

Last edited:

Any offensive coordinator would look awesome with the talent Alabama has.

I will bet anyone a million dollars Sark can't do the same thing at Texas next year.

When a QB has 7 seconds to throw the ball it opens up all kinds of possibilities. This was 7-on-7 for Mac Jones and when all else failed, Harris was good for at least 8 or 9 yards.

This was talent.

I think most of Bama's success this year was coming from Butch Jones. Sark, Saban, and others did well, but behind the scenes it was Jones.

Reactions: peerless98
I will bet anyone a million dollars Sark can't do the same thing at Texas next year.

When a QB has 7 seconds to throw the ball it opens up all kinds of possibilities. This was 7-on-7 for Mac Jones and when all else failed, Harris was good for at least 8 or 9 yards.

This was talent.
If you say so. There is a talent gap between OSU and Bama, but it isn't that wide. We have had a much larger talent advantage on teams we have played the last two seasons and haven't done that to a single one.

This was talent.
So they didn’t have talent the previous two seasons?

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back