Hope to see Dee Beckwith get involved with

Yes, Beckwith may approach Rod Wilks status here.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 90 Vol
Apparently he doesn’t like contact.

Can’t be like that in the SEC.

LMAO, can anyone verify if he’s drinking 3 or 4 protein shakes a day?
That may be true but is anybody checking on how many times he goes to the bathroom? That’s what really is going to give us the clue we need about his future contribution.

Never felt right having him at RB. I get why the current staff didn't want to make the position switch this year w/so many other things being changed around but I'm holding out hope he can be developed into a tight end instead. Not many kids out there w/his combination of height, size, speed, and athleticism.

Reactions: A.J.
This offense and become a weapon…I think he played a lil high school qb too.

Not exactly. He lined up at quarterback occasionally. That's not the same thing as playing quarterback. It was basically just wildcat stuff to get the ball in his hands as fast as possible. He's definitely not SEC QB material.

He is a fantastically gifted athlete. He's been a little held back learning how to play RB the right way. Pad level, blocking, etc.

I expect he'll be ready to go next fall as a contributor.

Reactions: Coddlecreek1
He has talent. He probably needs a change of position to truly compete. If he doesn't like contact or has some other fundamental issue then he'll be politely asked to enter the portal and pursue his fortunes elsewhere. With the portal, every one of the 85 scholarships is an even greater premium. You can't carry guys you can't develop.

That may be true but is anybody checking on how many times he goes to the bathroom? That’s what really is going to give us the clue we need about his future contribution.
Maybe he’s enrolled in the Rommel School of Shower Discipline

LMAO, can anyone verify if he’s drinking 3 or 4 protein shakes a day?
I can just about guarantee you that most of our players are drinking at least 3 protein shakes per day. That's normal for someone who's trying to gain strength. One shake first thing in the morning.. one an hour or so before a workout... and another immediately after the workout. That's a pretty standard routine. It's ideal to consume 1.0-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. A 200 pound person needs 200-300 grams of protein per day if they want to build muscle. There's about 30 grams in a protein shake.

That’s right so he needs 227-340.5g’s, or more to get him where we need him to be! Is Doug Dickey still doing Shaklee?

If Tillman leaves we need a bigger wide receiver, so I can see him moving there. Tight end doesn't make a lot of sense if he truly doesn't like blocking.

Why do we expect kid's to come in an immediately contribute? Great high school athletes prove every single year that most of them need time to develop and learn. He may not hit the field for another couple of years (at least) if he stays. He may be a great athlete, but clearly he is lacking something.

VN Store

Back