Hope to see Dee Beckwith get involved with

I think we overrated the guy severely coming out of high school. I'm not giving up on him or anything but it's clear he wasn't ready to step in and make the immediate/early impact some foresaw.

Reactions: jonnon111
I think we overrated the guy severely coming out of high school. I'm not giving up on him or anything but it's clear he wasn't ready to step in and make the immediate/early impact some foresaw.
Yeah. I saw a tall guy with muscles and decent speed. Assumed he’d exceed his ranking. I was wrong. May just take him some time

Apparently has the athletic build of Derrick Henry and the talent of Jarrett Guarantano
This is a pathetic post. The kid is a second year player. He may need some time. I don’t get where some of you Jack wagons think freshman and sophomore players are supposed to be world beaters, and if not you want to cast them off. Blakey comes to mind. It took Him 4 years to find a spot and MATURE. Now dude is a major contributor. Get over the instant gratification stuff. The kid is going to mature and get better. Greg Hardy was a wide out when he went to Ole Miss. He grew into a 6th round DE that played 6 years. Chill

Last edited:
Apparently has the athletic build of Derrick Henry and the talent of Jarrett Guarantano

JG has loads of talent - just doesn’t have the mental skills necessary to play QB in a big time college football environment. But then not too many do. But he definitely has talent. It’s way too early to cast any kind of judgement on Beckwith’s future. He could end up being an AA tight end or AA linebacker or just a solid role player elsewhere - we just don’t know yet.

Reactions: HalfullVol
JG has loads of talent - just doesn’t have the mental skills necessary to play QB in a big time college football environment. But then not too many do. But he definitely has talent. It’s way too early to cast any kind of judgement on Beckwith’s future. He could end up being an AA tight end or AA linebacker or just a solid role player elsewhere - we just don’t know yet.
Maybe JG would’ve excelled with someone coaching him like Heupel?

Reactions: Sarms58
If he was all that he’d be playin
Darrell Taylor didn’t do anything his first 2 years. Are you saying he’s no good also? Trevon Flowers is showing well and didn’t do much his first couple seasons. Lawrence still isn’t doing anything at Oklahoma in his second season and he was a borderline 5*. Tons of examples of guys that improve while in college

DB is more the norm when your building a team with 3* type players opposed to reloading with 5* guys each year. Takes a few years to develop.

Last edited:
Reactions: JacketVol
I’m beginning to think it’ll never happen
Fans do it all the time. They get caught up with the recruiting hype and completely disregard the jump from HS to SEC competition. It's huge. Some kids who've always been the biggest, baddest on the field in HS can't seem to make the leap to playing against guys every bit as big, fast and sometimes more talented than they are. One of the hardest things to evaluate in recruiting is what's inside the heart and mind of these recruits. What will their response be when they dive into SEC waters and get hit in the mouth?

This is a pathetic post. The kid is a second year player. He may need some time. I don’t get where some of you Jack wagons think freshman and sophomore players are supposed to be world beaters, and if not you want to cast them off. Blakey comes to mind. It took Him 4 years to find a spot and MATURE. Now dude is a major contributor. Get over the instant gratification stuff. The kid is going to mature and get better. Greg Hardy was a wide out when he went to Ole Miss. He grew into a 6th round DE that played 6 years. Chill
Lot of these star gurus would believe Mel Kipper over Saben!

VN Store

Back