Hope for the big orange

This team has had some early struggles, but I believe that they will bounce back and end up as a contender.

Hope so but I’m tempering expectations. I learned last Sat night that I need to take a step back and not allow the outcome of a game impact my mood. It’s okay to be disappointed but i allowed the USCjr loss to affect my mood.

The 🏀 Vols can make the dance but they will miss KC more than we thought. Arkansas, Auburn, and or KY will be the SEC contenders.

Hope so but I’m tempering expectations. I learned last Sat night that I need to take a step back and not allow the outcome of a game impact my mood. It’s okay to be disappointed but i allowed the USCjr loss to affect my mood.

The 🏀 Vols can make the dance but they will miss KC more than we thought. Arkansas, Auburn, and or KY will be the SEC contenders.
I hope someone can step up and give ZZ some help at PG. I am very excited about what Phillips can do.

I hope someone can step up and give ZZ some help at PG. I am very excited about what Phillips can do.

Great point. Usually I’m more into basketball but a little late due to success if TN football. I just hope basketball Vols remain relevant and able and o make a run. The same for baseball and of course, football.

Chandler was the straw that stirred the drink last season. He was a big part of the success we had a year ago.
Agreed. He was so good so early in the season too, and while he did get better throughout the year, it is clear how good he was early in the year. It is rare to see a PG have that kind of success as a freshman. Which is why I am still optimistic about this season, because I think this team is likely just going through the growing pains of transitioning to a new rotation at the point guard position. And we know the importance that CRB places on point guards in his offensive scheme.

Hoping we develop some inside presence. We will be exciting, but it may boil down to whether we are hot or not. Been that way for a few years now, and when we get cold, it’s downright icy.

Early year, and as always, basketball is about evolving and peaking for a magical 4 weekends

We will not be a contender unless we can get some consistent inside play and inside scoring. If all you do is hang your hat on
treys, you won't be a contender--just a pretender. You'll have poor shooting nights and lose. Nobody has won the NCAA by just shooting lights out
from the 3-point line for six straight games against stout competition. Doesn't happen.

Reactions: Hbg
Watching the Butler game yawn, Tn dribble in circles, don't attack the basket, Barns defense looks a lot like Banks Defense, Vescovi has regressed, whole team plays like they have tar on their feet.

Reactions: Hbg
This team has had some early struggles, but I believe that they will bounce back and end up as a contender.

They looked good to me other than the shooting woes. Barnes is going to use his depth, they make you exert a lot of energy to guard them and also to score against their defense. Teams with any weakness in their top 8 players will pay a price at the end of the game. I think its taking a toll on UT's shooting percentage as well but that will improve with time.

Reactions: 67Vol
With JP on the floor, I like the looks of this team. We are inconsistent in 3 pt shooting, but with Aidoo looking more and more comfortable in the games, we might generate an inside scoring presence so we don't need the 3 pointers as much. If so, we could do some real damage.

You have got Key.
He is a baller and a great role player.
Yesterday's game showed some Key and Zigler can do in combo and how they change the game.
Both will do well this year.
I think Barnes is still looking at combinations and Phillips is dynamic player.
We have a great team it has not gelled yet, but I think it will by season's end.

Reactions: 67Vol
I feel embarrassed for people who post such garbage. Same in the football game threads too. People wanting players kicked off the team, "this team will be lucky to win 5 games" etc. Don't understand it.
Some people just aren't happy if they can't complain.

This board is a perfect example. Two threads crying about Brandon Miller the same night our own 5* freshman puts up 25.

Yeah, if I'm in a game thread, I think my emotions will take over and my take will likely not age well. That's just part of it. I would always take with a grain of salt any post in the middle of a game. It is just a hot take that has little to do with how folks feel in the big picture: emotion, not well thought out dialog.

VN Store

Back