Hoops recruiting class ranked top-5 by both major services

I don't like how the UCLA played out, but he is recruiting and winning at a high level. Some might say he needs to get past the sweet 16 to earn it. I understand that, but he is recruiting the players to achieve that goal.
Keep making the dance every year and eventually that should happen, maybe it doesn’t, but if you’re in it every year it would seem likely. Up until last year Tony Bennett has a pretty unimpressive NCAAT resume, now many talk about him as a Top 3 coach in the country.

I don't like how the UCLA played out, but he is recruiting and winning at a high level. Some might say he needs to get past the sweet 16 to earn it. I understand that, but he is recruiting the players to achieve that goal.

I didn't think the post-UCLA press conference was well handled, but overall I actually think the UCLA story is a huge positive for UT because a historic blue blood program wanted to take our coach and it simply couldn't get him no matter how hard it tried! By and large I don't recall many (any?) occasions in the past 40 years when our coach was even wanted by a big dog in basketball. Moreover, UT has always been reluctant to ante up for top bb coaching talent in the past. Not this time. Barnes was a big time target and UT fought to keep him. That's a huge positive no matter how you look at it.

Florida recruiting some studs as well. Can't let the evil Gators out-recruit us.
-------------------------------
Don't sweat Florida. Alligators stuffed with 500-lbs of hundred-dollar bills and a phone cord coming out their tu-tus leading back to a booster's phone, cannot run the court or jump high enough to be much of a threat.

I didn't think the post-UCLA press conference was well handled, but overall I actually think the UCLA story is a huge positive for UT because a historic blue blood program wanted to take our coach and it simply couldn't get him no matter how hard it tried! By and large I don't recall many (any?) occasions in the past 40 years when our coach was even wanted by a big dog in basketball. Moreover, UT has always been reluctant to ante up for top bb coaching talent in the past. Not this time. Barnes was a big time target and UT fought to keep him. That's a huge positive no matter how you look at it.
That should have been at press conference That Never Was

That seems like a level-headed stance, and one that isn’t likely to draw the ire of even the most staunch Barnes supporters.

I really hate how this dude is using UT as a golden parachute. I'm so mad I'm going to start kneeling during the 7th inning stretch. I REFUSE to stretch.

I didn't think the post-UCLA press conference was well handled, but overall I actually think the UCLA story is a huge positive for UT because a historic blue blood program wanted to take our coach and it simply couldn't get him no matter how hard it tried! By and large I don't recall many (any?) occasions in the past 40 years when our coach was even wanted by a big dog in basketball. Moreover, UT has always been reluctant to ante up for top coaching talent in the past. Not this time. Barnes was a big time target and UT fought to keep him. That's a huge positive no matter how you look at it.
fyp it's not just BB it set a precedent for all programs at UT. Fulmer and Pat are the only coaches I can remember getting PAID at UT and neither of them came in highly paid, they earned it over time.

I can't remember any coach hired in at UT that got that bag on the way in. We always hire under the radar folks. Look at our last 2 women's BB hires..they got peanuts. Kiffin and Barnes are the only big name (nationally) hires the school has hired in a major sport since at least the 80's/90's

VN Store

Back