Hoop report Oct. 1

I am just giddy!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: RollerVol
Lou Brown is not playing? Is she injured again? Or was Jaz referring to her previous injury/recovery?

I just noticed that Sports Illustrated has picked up this story and accompanying videos. The positive publicity about the new era of Lady Vols basketball is exactly what the program needs right now.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
What impressed me was the
"first on".

Jordan,,#25 First on the court,
(The Jesse, then Rennia)

Breaking down Jordan's shot (even in a half-speed drill, I can see one thing I'd work on......When she picks up the ball for her shot, instead of snapping the ball in an arc,,to-"shot-ready" using a pivoting the arm at the shoulder,, she brings it straight upwards. (belly to temple). Bringing the ball up the torso blocks the field of vision longer and is much easier to block.
Lady Vol Hoops Report (10/1/19) - University of Tennessee Athletics

I wonder who will be last to leave the court?

Reactions: Bell42
Coach Kellie:

We are the Tennessee Lady Vols. We are a big deal, and to be heading that up is something I do not take lightly.

Jaz quotes:

On what she thinks Coach Harper's practices are going to be like:
"(Practices are) hard. She pushes us to the limits even when we feel like we cannot do it."

On what her management style is like:
"She does not accept anything except the best from you. When you feel like you can't do it or go, she takes you to the next level."

Really like the way Coach Kellie Coaches. Excited! GO LADY VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back