Hookers draft projection

Hooker is 6'3", 217 pounds. His 40 time was 4.77, no vertical jump

Richardson is 6'4", 244 pounds and his 40 was 4.43 with a vertical jump of 40.5" (which is astounding, by any measure)

Comparing the draft status of Richardson and Hooker is pointless. Richardson is a far better athlete but not nearly as polished and poised as Hooker, especially in a pocket passing offense. Hooker could start relatively soon for the right NFL team, with a line that can protect him. Richardson is a project, but with tremendous upside in the right offensive scheme and can be a dual threat more than Hooker. I cannot think of a team where both would fit, not in the short term anyway, and so its truly apples and oranges.
I agree. Richardson is a project.
I say Levis is a project too.
How many big time games did he take over?
Even Richardson could lead his team from behind to make a charge. I never really saw Levis do it.
I never saw Levis put the team on his shoulders and carry them, even if they came up short.
Hooker. check
Richardson. check
Levis. uh-uh

It's a weak QB class outside of Stroud and Young. AR is a phenomenal athlete but he'll need the right sit-and-learn situation or he'll end up being another Zack Wilson type of career. Levis has the physical tools and makeup to be good player but he'll need to progress similar to Josh Allen.

Daniel Jeremiah has him going #23 to the Vikings. I don't think any team takes him in round 1, but I could see him being the best of the "second wave" of QBs. I think he would be a great fit in Atlanta or Dallas or even the Titans. He will have a great career.

Reactions: Vol8188
Daniel Jeremiah has him going #23 to the Vikings. I don't think any team takes him in round 1, but I could see him being the best of the "second wave" of QBs. I think he would be a great fit in Atlanta or Dallas or even the Titans. He will have a great career.
mad a Vikes fan yes please

Hooker is 6'3", 217 pounds. His 40 time was 4.77, no vertical jump

Richardson is 6'4", 244 pounds and his 40 was 4.43 with a vertical jump of 40.5" (which is astounding, by any measure)

Comparing the draft status of Richardson and Hooker is pointless. Richardson is a far better athlete but not nearly as polished and poised as Hooker, especially in a pocket passing offense. Hooker could start relatively soon for the right NFL team, with a line that can protect him. Richardson is a project, but with tremendous upside in the right offensive scheme and can be a dual threat more than Hooker. I cannot think of a team where both would fit, not in the short term anyway, and so its truly apples and oranges.

Where’d your forty time for Hooker come from

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock draft on the Chat Sports You Tube page has Minnesota taking Hooker with the 23rd pick in the first round.

Reactions: Vol8188
KJM guest today said that he has Hendon going to Seahawks. Said he would be a top 5 pick without the knee injury.

There's a 3 round mock on CBS that has him going to the Titans in the 3rd, and has Wright going to the Falcons in the 2nd.

Bruce Feldman just put out an article in the Atlantic that has Hooker going in the first round to the Vikings. The coaching intel said that coaches said he was much better in person than on tape. Said he has all the tools. There will be a learning curve coming from Heupels system to the NFL.

Reactions: HiltonHeadVol
IT's behind a paywall, but article this morning in the IndyStar about how the GM for the Colts is really high on Hooker and wouldn't mind trading around to pick him up early in the 2nd round...Colts would literally be taking 2 QBS with their first two picks, which is weird.
That would be the GM admitting he is incompetent and should be fired immediately.

Wright won't be there in the 2nd.
I agree. Which is awesome. He and Wanya Morris came in in the same class and Darnell didn't have as fast a start as Wanya, but he finished his college career being the better lineman. Very happy for Darnell for sticking it out.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/ryan-tannehill-reportedly-available-for-trade

In an interesting turn of events, sources close to the NFL have revealed that Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill may be available for trade in the coming weeks. Teams across the league are reportedly monitoring the situation closely, with some considering making a move for the talented quarterback.

The news has sent shockwaves through the league, with many speculating about the potential implications of a Tannehill trade. One team that could be impacted significantly is the Tennessee Titans themselves, who were thought to be considering selecting Tennessee quarterback Hendon Hooker in the upcoming draft.

VN Store

Back