Hooker ranked #5 out of 131 QB's

That puts him just outside the conversation for Heisman. With a great season, he could catch a lot of hype.

In before you don't care about the Heisman.Yes, we all know UT players have been denied in the past. But a program with our history should have two Heisman winners.
FYP

I just don't see Spencer Rattler as a threat. He's a toxic dude and Shane Beamer and a generally crappy South Carolina offense ain't going to fix that.

We'll have plenty of time to see how they do this year before we go over there in November. South Carolina picked up a QB, WR, TE and a RB via the portal. We'll see if they add enough skill to the offense to make them competitive. I believe they host Georgia in September and that should show if their new transfers really upgraded their O.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
That puts him just outside the conversation for Heisman. With a great season, he could catch a lot of hype.

In before you don't care about the Heisman.Yes, we all know UT players have been denied in the past. But a program with our history should have a Heisman winner.
With all of the NFL Hall of Fame players that have came through UT, I believe we should have more than two heisman trophies! Peyton Manning, Reggie White, Charlie Garner, Chuck Webb, Jamal Lewis, Heath Schuler, Joey Kent, Robert Meacham, Arian Foster, Leonard little, Al Wilson........

Interesting bit from the article...we play all three. They could transform their teams or be non-factors:

Spencer Rattler, Will Levis and Anthony Richardson are three "wait and see" quarterbacks. The talent of each is immense. Rattler drew comparisons to Patrick Mahomes. Levis is a cerebral passer with a great arm. Richardson is a big body that can move like a running back with an absolute howitzer attached to his shoulder. Yet Rattler had a really bad 2021, Levis struggled as the competition got better and Richardson is unrefined. All three have top-5 potential, but they need to prove it this year.
Levis is a real lunch pail guy. Well spoken. Makes up for what he lacks in physical talent by working hard.

Yep, our best two def. Backs left. Maybe we will improve, hope sol
Best 2 left like most teams but we are much much deeper in year 2 in the same system and more athletic Theo and alontae must’ve been the best for all 4/6 years they were at UT right? It’s almost like they did that thing called work hard and improved… we have a good mix of returning and new talent and I’m excited to see what they can do this year.

With all of the NFL Hall of Fame players that have came through UT, I believe we should have more than two heisman trophies! Peyton Manning, Reggie White, Charlie Garner, Chuck Webb, Jamal Lewis, Heath Schuler, Joey Kent, Robert Meacham, Arian Foster, Leonard little, Al Wilson........

Great players get overlooked every year. I think they should wait until after bowl games and playoff to vote. If they did, Oklahoma would have 8 winners and Tennessee would have a coach who had won it in JH. Instead, Chris Weinke from Florida State owns it and we are all still left shaking our heads.

Great players get overlooked every year. I think they should wait until after bowl games and playoff to vote. If they did, Oklahoma would have 8 winners and Tennessee would have a coach who had won it in JH. Instead, Chris Weinke from Florida State owns it and we are all still left shaking our heads.
Tenn. Had a Coach who won it. Weinke!!

In before you don't care about the Heisman.Yes, we all know UT players have been denied in the past. But a program with our history should have a Heisman winner.
Heisman is overrated. Best NFL QBs never won a Heisman. Give me a guy that can throw a dart on 4th & 9. Happy happy Joy joy.

Reactions: VolGirl05
Weinke was 40 when he won his.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
And Tebow doesn’t even have him in his top five in the SEC 😡

Who cares what prophecy is put forth by a dumbas-! Good guy (I guess) but take away his college football history and what do you have? Not a stellar speaker, not a business titan, not a,,, well you get the idea. Does have a good managing firm I guess.

VN Store

Back