Hooker---Dave Style

I've said it all along, we'll end up paying Pruitt less than the whole buy out but still a substantial sum. Neither side wants this to see the inside of a courtroom and see the subpoenas start flying and high ranking officials, boosters and players being deposed.

Last edited:
What? No freaking 'hello' or 'welcome to volnation'? Maybe I joined the wrong club.

Anyway, the point is not whether cornbread is right or wrong, it's what is in the best interest of Tennessee and the athletic programs going forward

Reactions: kcvols1
What? No freaking 'hello' or 'welcome to volnation'? Maybe I joined the wrong club.

Anyway, the point is not whether cornbread is right or wrong, it's what is in the best interest of Tennessee and the athletic programs going forward

You employ thousands.

You fired an employee for cheating and causing harm to your business (school in this case).

Said employee was certainly justly fired and does not even deny the fact; however now demand to be paid or they will say things which may or may not be true.

You know everything that he knows. You knew everything before firing him……you fired him anyway.

Again you employ many, many more people.

Is it now “in your best interest” to pay someone who is blackmailing you?

Of course not.

You must of thought about this before firing him. Your not about to let anyone and everyone hold something over your head…….if you do pay…….what’s to say he doesn’t say something anyway……or simply demand more money?

Bad people do bad things, and they will continue to do bad things.

You employ thousands.

You fired an employee for cheating and causing harm to your business (school in this case).

Said employee was certainly justly fired and does not even deny the fact; however now demand to be paid or they will say things which may or may not be true.

You know everything that he knows. You knew everything before firing him……you fired him anyway.

Again you employ many, many more people.

Is it now “in your best interest” to pay someone who is blackmailing you?

Of course not.

You must of thought about this before firing him. Your not about to let anyone and everyone hold something over your head…….if you do pay…….what’s to say he doesn’t say something anyway……or simply demand more money?

Bad people do bad things, and they will continue to do bad things.
Lol...very simplistic. Sounds very cut and dry on the surface, but you're talking contract disputes and much deeper stuff regarding allegations and tying years of compliance over multiple programs here, not to mention loss of good will. Give the man seven mil to walk away and keep his mouth shut. Do it! Thanks for the welcome.

Lol...very simplistic. Sounds very cut and dry on the surface, but you're talking contract disputes and much deeper stuff regarding allegations and tying years of compliance over multiple programs here, not to mention loss of good will. Give the man seven mil to walk away and keep his mouth shut. Do it! Thanks for the welcome.

Shouldn’t you be scheming for the Panthers right now?

Gray! The world is gray Jack!

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent

it is very simple.

He was fired for cause.

His lawyer didn’t deny the fact. As much we know I doubt it can be denied.

He now demands money or he’ll say……what? You know what he knows and you chose to fire him.

Running his job further into the ground, cheating, and now Blackmail……pay and walk away?…….I think not.

It’s very simple……let jack nutz people continue to act jack nutz and pay them……or simply you don’t.

I'm not a fan of Dave Hooker after a couple of hit pieces, and I don't necessarily agree with him on all of this, but I wonder if he's got a good idea about paying and moving on.
Tennessee should pay Jeremy Pruitt as soon as possible

Easy on me---my first post and thread. :)

I think we should go ahead and settle with Beldar. We have the NCAA investigation, the thrown objects on the field, and now an ex-coach in the news saying negative things about the program. All of this will be used to negatively recruit against us. He will get something anyway. Let him walk off in the moonlight with a NDA so he can’t run his mouth.

He should pay the University back for his three seasons. I'd let him keep his pay for the Auburn win.

Nope. He can’t keep anything. The Georgia state debacle is a stain on our program that will never go away. Could be our most embarrassing loss ever. Because he thought he could dance in there and win with no preparation. Can’t coach unless he has a team full of five stars. He is a charlatan. He was fired for cause. Don’t give him a nickel

You did watch the rest of the movie, right?
I've read the book too, which is considerably better. We'll end up settling with Pruitt though, you guys just prepare for it. Despite all the rousing speeches that may sound good talking to your friends at the bar, in the real world nothing good will come from litigating this matter. We'll pay him 3-4 million or something like that and move on. We've got boosters who'd probably rather chip in 500 grand than sit for an 8 hour deposition being asked every manner of uncomfortable question under oath. Pruitt is just trying to drive the amount of the settlement up by demonstrating that he is perfectly willing to burn every college football coaching bridge he has to get his money.

Last edited:
I've read the book too, which is considerably better. We'll end up settling with Pruitt though, you guys just prepare for it.

They all are. Especially Clancy! I love themes of honor and sticking to your guns when you have the advantage, as you can see.

I think we should sue Pruitt and his whole crummy airline!

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
They all are. Especially Clancy! I love themes of honor and sticking to your guns when you have the advantage, as you can see.

I think we should sue Pruitt and his whole crummy airline!
It's an awesome book. Some things, like national security are absolutely worth going to the mattresses over. I love UT, but I think there was probably enough shady stuff going on with our boosters and former admin that UT is just going to want to close the book on this and look to the future, and that's in the school's best interest. Imagine this constantly being in the headlines. The NCAA report will come out one day and it'll be painful but it'll be in the news cycle a week or two at most. The lawsuit will drag on and on with continuous black eyes over and over. Imagine the media field day the day Brian Maurer is deposed, then Henry T another day, Phillip Fulmer a month later, Trey Smith's sister, Shelton Felton, Niedermeyer, Pruitt, numerous boosters, probably our own Atlanta VOL (if he was for real). AV posted enough ammo on this site to make for a very entertaining multi-hour deposition asking him to explain/elaborate upon under penalty of perjury. If the school only pays him 3-4 mil or something like that, they'll still have come out ahead versus firing him without cause, so accounting wise it'll have been worth it, and will have been a bargain.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back