Hooker 3rd place for Heisman race per Draft Kings

NATHAN05

Stuck in Gator land, hurry up retirement!!
Didnt see anything already posted, so please merge if I missed it. Per Draft Kings Hooker took a massive jump into the Heisman race. Looking at the numbers comparatively I really think he should be over Bryce Young right now.........especially with back up WR's and butter finger TE's. Granted its early, but its nice to see. I haven't had much respect for the Heisman since the Manning/Woodson debacle.........but this is nice to see.

Heisman Watch 2022: Hendon Hooker joins Heisman Trophy race in Week 4

in a couple of weeks Bama comes to town, ESPN will take that opportunity to start their campaign for Bryce for hiesTman and push him above Hooker no matter how much better Hooker plays.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the heisTman supposed to be the player that means the most to his team? or is it the best player on the best team?

in a couple of weeks Bama comes to town, ESPN will take that opportunity to start their campaign for Bryce for hiesTman and push him above Hooker no matter how much better Hooker plays.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the heisTman supposed to be the player that means the most to his team? or is it the best player on the best team?
It's supposed to go to the best player in the country, who is Brock Bowers in my opinion but I don't get a vote.

Heisman should go to the best player. If Young or Stroud were to get hurt, Bama and Ohio State have enough 5 stars to plug and chug.

This was copied from Wikipedia, so we can all agree that it is 100% accurate:

"It is the oldest of several overall awards in college football, including the Maxwell Award, Walter Camp Award, and the AP Player of the Year. The Heisman and the AP Player of the Year honor the outstanding player, while the Maxwell and the Walter Camp award recognizes the best player, and the Archie Griffin Award recognizes the most valuable player."

If Hooker wins at LSU and has a good game against Bama where he still has no INTs he will move up. His best stat right now is Zero interceptions.

not usually someone to talk heisman till December but, HH more than likely needs to win 2 out of 3 vs GA, LSU & Bama and, beat the other usual suspects Vandy, KY, etc. if, he is to be in the convo come late November.

No way he wins or even gets to New York. ESPN wouldn’t have it. I mean Peyton lost to the only defensive player to win and Majors lost to the only player from a losing team!

It will go to someone from a playoff team. Likely the final 3 are Young, Bennett, and The QB from Ohio State. Yeah Ohio State not The Ohio State!

It's supposed to go to the best player in the country, who is Brock Bowers in my opinion but I don't get a vote.

I do not believe 350 yards and 5 TD’s = best player in the country.

Possibly the most talented……that could be debated.

Great player playing on the best team (right now), with some of the most hype………however there are way more players who have done way more right now.

It used to be the "most outstanding player" in college football. But, that went out the window when they gave it to Charles Woodson.

It's a media darling contest. Nothing more. Majors lost to "The Golden Boy" Hornung who was on a 2-8 Notre Dame team. Shuler lost to a basketball player from FSU and Peyton lost to a DB. What did they all have in common? The media at the time was pushing them. Not about the best player. If it was, Jim Brown would have won easily.

VN Store

Back