Homeland

Very entertaining episode. Hopefully the final season is full of these type of episodes.

Nice to see Dar too.

Season 8, where Carrie is back and crazier than ever. Have to hand it to Claire Danes, nobody can play crazy like her. Her facial expressions scare the hell out of me, especially the way she looked last night.

Good final 2 episodes though. Hopefully they will move away from the politics of it in season 8 like they said they will. Also bring back Brody’s wife for an episode, just for s&g’s.

Thoughts on the finale?

That was unexpected but good at the same time. I never saw the President falling on her own sword and resigning but clearly the writers needed to right that wrong somehow. I'm going to call it early and say they ditch crazy Carry for the final season. They'll bury her crazy in the off season and write that she's cured/stable. We're going to get a good international terror plot for the final season.

That was unexpected but good at the same time. I never saw the President falling on her own sword and resigning but clearly the writers needed to right that wrong somehow. I'm going to call it early and say they ditch crazy Carry for the final season. They'll bury her crazy in the off season and write that she's cured/stable. We're going to get a good international terror plot for the final season.

The question will be who gets a Star on the wall in Langley. Will Carrie or Saul go out with a blaze of glory? One of those 2 has to die right?

The question will be who gets a Star on the wall in Langley. Will Carrie or Saul go out with a blaze of glory? One of those 2 has to die right?

It's funny you should mention that because that's an interesting question! Officially Alex Gansa(show runner) and Claire Danes have come to the conclusion that Season 8 is the final season. Showtime however has not officially said it's done with the show.

It's funny you should mention that because that's an interesting question! Officially Alex Gansa(show runner) and Claire Danes have come to the conclusion that Season 8 is the final season. Showtime however has not officially said it's done with the show.

The show has always found a way to pivot storylines pretty well. I think it would be difficult to no longer have Carrie and Saul and start from scratch.

This season has been ok, better than the last one or maybe two? But i thought last night's episode was one of the best in a long time.
I thought the last 2 have been pretty good. Last nights was pretty intense. Definitely surprised at the directions they’ve taken this season. I wasn’t expecting some of those big plot twists .

Edit: I did not mean the last 2 seasons. Last 2 episodes.

Last edited:
This latest episode was really good. Gun fights, explosions, intense! Is the vice president in on it?

This latest episode was really good. Gun fights, explosions, intense! Is the vice president in on it?
I can't decide if he's acting behind the scenes or just being the weak beneficiary of the situation.

Thoughts so far?

Terrible but has been terrible for 2-3 seasons now. Wish they would have killed Carrie off and replaced her shortly after Brody died. Since he dies the show has been borderline Walking Dead unrealistic.

Terrible but has been terrible for 2-3 seasons now. Wish they would have killed Carrie off and replaced her shortly after Brody died. Since he dies the show has been borderline Walking Dead unrealistic.

Claire Daines was on a pod talking about this show and the host said "I'd almost rather have a show where Brody died at the end of season 1. Wouldn't you love to see how that goes?" and she responded "but then we wouldn't have Frannie" and it dawned on me that she, and possibly the creators, have no idea why people like the show.

I do like that we're halfway through the season and there's been not a single mention of Franny. (knock on wood)

You know what I just realized? That after the events of the last episode, Carrie probably has to go back to D.C. for the all of the stuff associated with it and gets to reflect on her life and bs with her now even more annoying grown up version of Franny. Like an 8 year old ginger version of Dana with crazy Carrie DNA.

VN Store

Back