Home Runs And Roids

Fine Vol

Go Vols
What is your opinion on anyone breaking the home run record if you feel his ability was enhanced by roids? I realize it would give you more power but it does not help hand eye coordination. Bonds is a world class hitter period drugs or not because he is just athletically above most baseball players. thoughts?

The one thing that roids seem to do is lengthen careers and help the body recover faster from injuries, and day to day wear etc...etc.... As far as the records go, they were meant to be broken. Since it is impossible to prove who is using, these records should and will stand.

Incidentally, I have heard of roids also aiding your reaction time.

I realize it would give you more power but it does not help hand eye coordination. Bonds is a world class hitter period drugs or not because he is just athletically above most baseball players. thoughts?

The creator of "the clear" said it does help your vision and that he believed it helps hand eye.

I know Bonds is a great hitter and all, but, with all the steroid hype, this record is just not as exciting to me if there were no steroids talks. It just ruins the whole mood for me.

The one thing that roids seem to do is lengthen careers and help the body recover faster from injuries, and day to day wear etc...etc.... As far as the records go, they were meant to be broken. Since it is impossible to prove who is using, these records should and will stand.

Incidentally, I have heard of roids also aiding your reaction time.

Pretty much sums up my view. :eek:k:

I think everything is tainted from this era. I've actually heard more pitchers were on 'roids than other players. Don't know if that's 100% true but it's a fair point to make. Pitchers do seem to get a pass on the 'roids issue for some reason. If pitchers and hitters are all on 'roids does that even the playing field? I mean if Bonds, on 'roids, is facing pitchers on 'roids, is he really getting an advantage?

I think I also heard the pitcher he hit 755 or 756 off of was suspended in the minors for testing positive for 'roids. Pretty funny actually.

I think everything is tainted from this era. I've actually heard more pitchers were on 'roids than other players. Don't know if that's 100% true but it's a fair point to make. Pitchers do seem to get a pass on the 'roids issue for some reason. If pitchers and hitters are all on 'roids does that even the playing field? I mean if Bonds, on 'roids, is facing pitchers on 'roids, is he really getting an advantage?

I think I also heard the pitcher he hit 755 or 756 off of was suspended in the minors for testing positive for 'roids. Pretty funny actually.

Bonds is not the only active, mid-40s Hall of Famer with a swollen head who enjoyed a totally unprecedented and improbably late-career resurgence.

Barry Bonds would have been a Hall of Famer with or without steroids.

What I read, said he started using steroids after seeing McGwire and Sosa break the single season HR record after using them.

Baseball should have started testing athletes for steroids the way the NFL does.

Roids won't turn a non baseball player into a super baseball player. You take a guy that hits 30 or 40 home runs a year (probably fly out to the warning track 20-30 times a season)and put them on the juice, their warning track outs are now home runs. Doesn't help hit a curve, but a ball to the opposite filed that would have hit the wall before now goes out and they have an extra 15-20 homers. Big difference.

Corked bats don't help hit curve balls either but it gives the batter an advantage and increases bat speed.

VN Store

Back