Joined 2005
11,828 posts
621 likes
That's 1.9 likes for every 200 posts...No likes here

I don't have to wonder why
And, no, I do not agree

Her ability to optimize and grow the very good talent she did recruit,

may have had something to do with it

I agree with the point you are making, but I think you might want to recheck your math.

Reactions: JohnTN and Rixxx
Holly has often said she did not know why the team was losing games or what to do to stop losing. All she had to do was look at her outdated offense, her lack of baseline, lane and three point defense and her team creating 20 turnovers a game. She gave up on the team and they gave up on her. She kept digging the hole she was in deeper and deeper.
She also failed to fine tune her team during the cupcake portion of the season to prepare them for the dreaded SEC.
She rode the success and near victories of that period (became satisfy) until the harsh reality of the WCBB most deadly conference
showed her weakness as coach .

Last year's early schedule did not point out the problems and did not prepare us for the SEC, even when the SEC was the weakest I can remember. Pat always scheduled a good out of conference schedule, which would point out our weaknesses early on and help her prepare the team. She used to say, "I don't schedule to go undefeated; I schedule to help us improve as a team."
The early schedule just gave the team and the fans a false sense of confidence and did not teach the team that they could not make turnovers, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: TenUhSee
The roster WAS stacked under Butch for a couple of years. It wasn't when he left. When Dobbs, Kamara, et al left it was downhill from there, and he couldn't even do anything when he had those players. Similar situation to Holly in terms of not doing anything with talent.

Nobody with any knowledge of these recruits would say that they aren't good. Sorry. The cupboard isn't bare. It's pretty much full. This team has tons of talent and is probably a top 5 roster in the country, TBH. Kellie simply isn't going to get a bunch of time to turn this around. And she shouldn't. Her first year will tell the story and the difference between her and Holly.
I can agree with that. And seeing the difference will be in what I mentioned — hustle, improvement, cohesiveness, and a will to win. If that is present everything should work out in the win-loss column.

Reactions: volman128
She also failed to fine tune her team during the cupcake portion of the season to prepare them for the dreaded SEC.
She rode the success and near victories of that period (became satisfy) until the harsh reality of the WCBB most deadly conference
showed her weakness as coach .
Holly Warlick couldn't fine tune a parks and recreation or middle school basketball team

VN Store

Back