Holly's talentless team was 50% of the blame

I love how some of tbese people think 5 star high school translates to immediate success in college. Coaching and playing high school is not even remotely close to college. The worst college players are almost always more skilled than most high school players these 5 stars go up against during their high school playing days. Then you mix a team of 5 stars together that were used to being top dog on their team and you have issues if you dont have a coach that knows how to mesh those players together. And you have to control their me attitudes on top of that. Coaching is 85% of success at the college level. Poor coaching is always trumped by great coaching. Luck plays a small part especially if your players half arse it most of the game.

So, the number one recruiting class in the country was talentless? Interesting take. I think FCHW found out that knowing Pat Summit's system would only get you so far. You had to have Pat's ability to adapt. She was a master at that aspect of coaching. To Coach Warlick's defense, she didn't get a chance to develop that somewhere else before taking over here. Could be an advantage that CKH might have.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Let's not throw everything on her. Her inability to recruit did her in on the end. Agree?

100% is the highest I can get on my disagreement with this asinine statement. I thought after all these years of seeing her "coach" that everyone would finally come to the same, inevitable conclusion, Holly Warlick sucks. Guess some still just don't get it.

Let's not throw everything on her. Her inability to recruit did her in on the end. Agree?

Joined 2005
11,828 posts
621 likes
That's 1.9 likes for every 200 posts...No likes here

I don't have to wonder why
And, no, I do not agree

Her ability to optimize and grow the very good talent she did recruit,

may have had something to do with it

VN Store

Back