Holly Warlick should step down after this season

Making mindless substitutions didn't help us any. We had momentum there once and she took Tea out for Reynolds who at the time was giving us nothing. What about Moore who never got off the bench? I've been a supporter of Holly and I know if the girls could at least hit a lay up it would help, but these girls seem to be unprepared. Mindless turnovers!! These to me are a reflection of coaching.

What, exactly, was Tea giving us?

Reactions: 3 people
Like every player we recruit is going to be great. Develop players, three first round draft picks last year and two were injured.

Your lack of fact checking hurts my freaking head.

Izzy was a first rounder. And the only first rounder. She was a borderline scrub in high school that Dean developed into being the premier player in the recruiting class despite the other two being top five players.

Cierra was a 2nd rounder.

Massengale was a 3rd rounder.

Reactions: 2 people
Making mindless substitutions didn't help us any. We had momentum there once and she took Tea out for Reynolds who at the time was giving us nothing. What about Moore who never got off the bench? I've been a supporter of Holly and I know if the girls could at least hit a lay up it would help, but these girls seem to be unprepared. Mindless turnovers!! These to me are a reflection of coaching.

And she did the same thing with Diamond, after she hit two threes, I was like damn she is hawt. Then we subbed her out. Mane, I was frustrated, unless Diamond asked to come out, I see she takes players out after they hit baskets, that part is frustrating.

Last edited:
That isn't a fact. That is an opinion, and a baseless one at that. The number one problem today wasn't coaching. It was the fact that the players (minus Diamond) couldn't hit their shots.

Some of you people are incredibly unfair, shortsighted, and prone to ridiculous knee-jerk reactions. Rude, ill-mannered, and disrespectful are also apt descriptions.

I agree.

Reactions: 1 person
That isn't a fact. That is an opinion, and a baseless one at that. The number one problem today wasn't coaching. It was the fact that the players (minus Diamond) couldn't hit their shots.

Some of you people are incredibly unfair, shortsighted, and prone to ridiculous knee-jerk reactions. Rude, ill-mannered, and disrespectful are also apt descriptions.

I'm certainly glad that you had your Thesaurus handy. What are your qualifications for breaking down today's game? Why did soooooooooo many players miss shots? Could it be they are following their coach's lead?

:search:

I'm certainly glad that you had your Thesaurus handy. What are your qualifications for breaking down today's game? Why did soooooooooo many players miss shots? Could it be they are following their coach's lead?

:search:

This team needs to develop some chemistry. You forget that they lost three senior starters and have several new components. It's going to take some time, but they will get there. You are also neglecting the fact that they had one day to prepare for this game against a solid top ten opponent. This loss was disappointing, but I think the entire team will be better for it because they will learn from it. It wasn't a bad loss at all, and it's certainly not all on coaching.

Your lack of fact checking hurts my freaking head.

Izzy was a first rounder. And the only first rounder. She was a borderline scrub in high school that Dean developed into being the premier player in the recruiting class despite the other two being top five players.

Cierra was a 2nd rounder.

Massengale was a 3rd rounder.

Your lack of basketball knowledge baffles me, but it cos me no effect. I read it and move on!

Yes, three draft pick in last year draft. You can't make mistake with the perfect fans.

But as you can see we still have been developing talent, but that talent has to want to develop itself.

I back Pat and roll with Holly.

I don't think she has the passion that Pat had! Time to replace her! The Lady Vols played poorly today against Texas! I have them losing 4-5 games and making the final 4🙏

I don't think she has the passion that Pat had! Time to replace her! The Lady Vols played poorly today against Texas! I have them losing 4-5 games and making the final 4🙏

They will beat Stanford. They may lose to Oregon State and Notre Dame, but I think they will beat South Carolina and likely all other SEC opponents. Of course, the team staying healthy is key. Nared and Dunbar will be fine in short order, and DeShields is just getting better and better. I fear for Jones, though.

Reactions: 3 people

If the LadyVols keep playing inconsistant basketball they'll make it to the Sweet 16 but that's it.

They will beat Stanford. They may lose to Oregon State and Notre Dame, but I think they will beat South Carolina and likely all other SEC opponents. Of course, the team staying healthy is key. Nared and Dunbar will be fine in short order, and DeShields is just getting better and better. I fear for Jones, though.

I think we have a chance to beat Notre Dame, no really great athlete but Turner, but no wing or guard we should fear, but they do play good team basketball tho. Plus we have Diamond.

Oregon State, yea that game gives me pause, I don't think our guards will be ready by then. Its a tough matchup, especially at the guard spot.

I think we have a chance to beat Notre Dame, no really great athlete but Turner, but no wing or guard we should fear, but they do play good team basketball tho. Plus we have Diamond.

Oregon State, yea that game gives me pause, I don't think our guards will be ready by then. Its a tough matchup, especially at the guard spot.

They could certainly win both, but I think it will be easier for them to win against Notre Dame than Oregon State. What this team needs most now is chemistry; I'm not sure that wll be developed enough by that point. That's on top of the fact that Nared and Dunbar will both likely still be out, and Jones may well be done.

I'll take that BET on the South Carolina game!

They could certainly win both, but I think it will be easier for them to win against Notre Dame than Oregon State. What this team needs most now is chemistry; I'm not sure that wll be developed enough by that point. That's on top of the fact that Nared and Dunbar will both likely still be out, and Jones may well be done.

I did think this game prepared us for South Carolina. I see South Carolina as a mirror image of Texas, plus Wilson.

I just think sky is the limit for this team, hoping it happen this year, oppose to next year, we just need more time on the court together. Here's to better chemistry, ball movement and finishing shots.

Looking at the landscape, not too many teams are looking like final four locks, no one but uconn, so we have time, its a long season.

Your lack of basketball knowledge baffles me, but it cos me no effect. I read it and move on!

LOL. It's quite obvious from our posts who has vastly more basketball knowledge than the other. But okie dokie. Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy.

Yes, three draft pick in last year draft. You can't make mistake with the perfect fans.

Not my fault that you said we had three first round picks and that's not correct.

BTW, that HURTS Holly's case. It doesn't strengthen it. It just shows the amount of talent she has had at her disposal, although being drafted into the WNBA isn't exactly some big accomplishment.

But as you can see we still have been developing talent, but that talent has to want to develop itself.

It's up the coaches to make sure players develop. That's why they're coaches. Yes players have to shoot in their own free time, but coaches also are in control of practice time and development should be happening there, as well. Coaches can also work with players outside of practice. And the coaches hand pick these recruits. If they are recruiting lazy players that's also on them.

I back Pat and roll with Holly.

And I care about the overall program more than I care about a coach getting their feelings hurt. She needs to shape up or ship out. But realistically we are most likely stuck with her until she retires because Hart won't be willing to pay anyone any money for women's basketball.

Yeah for the SEC grind, we're gonna need depth. And we gonna need to be able to put teams away, early. No let up!

I see the biggest jump happening when we hit the road to Wichita State, we would have four practice days before Wichita State and 3 before the Virginia Tech game, hopefully our ladies are in the gym over Christmas break.

We will prolly practice hard all week, before East Tennessee Game!

This team needs to develop some chemistry. You forget that they lost three senior starters and have several new components. It's going to take some time, but they will get there. You are also neglecting the fact that they had one day to prepare for this game against a solid top ten opponent. This loss was disappointing, but I think the entire team will be better for it because they will learn from it. It wasn't a bad loss at all, and it's certainly not all on coaching.[/QUOTE

The truth is the next few games will tell if we have learned anything from this loss. I think Diamond is trying to be a leader. You do not have to be a senior to be a team leader. We have issues on offense that need to be cured. Many of them are the same issues we have had for the last 4 years. No matter how good the defense is, we must find a consistent offense. It is obvious that teams will have no respect for our outside shooting, so we will see zone after zone.

Ignore button works great.

What has to happen in the East Tenn State game for you to like the progress of the team Ivy?

I have to admit it's difficult to be as enthusiastic about UT women's basketball as it was under the leadership of Pat Summitt. I don't know if the fall off is 100% Holly's fault, but she doesn't seem to be anywhere near the type of coach who can consistently take a team to the Final Four. For years and years and years, the preeminent beacon of women's college basketball was Pat Head Summitt. That's the major reason the best of the best came to Tennessee to play for the Vols during her tenure. Holly's inner light is not bright enough for her to ever become that sort of beacon, nor can we expect her to regularly reach the summit in these times when the competition has grown much stiffer. I don't expect Holly's going to be our coach that much longer. Not when there are better, more dynamic options available.

VN Store

Back