Holly Warlick Future

Holly will never be fired by Fulmer or UT. The word fired will never be used in any change regarding her status in my opinion. She may retire per agreement between her and UT or she may be moved to an associate AD job or some other named position. That being said we do need a new head coach for Ladyvols basketball. She has not been able to transition from assistant coach to head coach and never will. Our program is sinking fast along with the attendance numbers.

i hope fulmer dont put friendship with holly ahead of the university basketball program....hope fulmer realize he kill the men football program with the buddy system

Just a suggestion, but let's change sporting types and look back at UT's situation with Butch Jones running the football program. His recruiting classes were exemplary. However, after being morphed down from 4* & 5* potential studs into stunning disappointments, maybe-just-maybe you can visualize what's been happening to our vaunted LVs. It's time for a change...sooner rather than later. GBO!
With that attitude its understandable how coach mason vandy football team have kick tennessee 3 straight years...........how many times you got to get beaten with a stick over your hard head.....After 7 sorrow season with top players in the country dont you understand you have a substandard women coach????

I will say it again-- we need a coach that will bring immediate fire into the Lady Vols-- my pick is Becky Hammon- Fist lady to be a coach in the NBA ! Shes asst for Spurs and Popovich picked her cause she's an unbelievable bb mind -watch her coach the guys - she wants HC job in NBA but has considered college - Florida went for her but bad offer - I say offer her big bucks - give her control - if she can fire up NBA guys think what she would do with LV-- she was great college and pro player with fire and grit and now a great coach in the NBA
HAMMON!!!! May have some Pat in her because of her willing to take on anything

Why in the world would Becky Hammon give up being one of the only female assistants in the NBA? I imagine she's making a pretty penny, plus the status of being one of the few women in that boys club. I don't see her transitioning back to coaching college women's basketball.

giphy.gif

I for one have never been a fan of the in house nepotistic buddy system. Why should incompetence get you a promotion? The AD is the problem. He should be gotten rid of. Giving Holly her extension is on him.

Can I get that in writing? I'll believe it (her being replaced this year) when I see it and not before. Gutless administrators.

Hope you are not going to make this a serial effort until the end of the season (or close) when a change can be addressed...
Don't think that our AD is gutless, but he is also not stupid enough to make any noise till there is a reasonable number in a contactable replacement pool... floating an interim does not seem like a smart way to go.... no use giving the three signees a reason to have a long open season to ask for a release when we cannot tell them who the replacement is if and when a change is to be made. Also probably would not excite the replacement candidates who might not want to work for someone who takes that route in dealing with coaches...

I for one have never been a fan of the in house nepotistic buddy system. Why should incompetence get you a promotion? The AD is the problem. He should be gotten rid of. Giving Holly her extension is on him.

Well, maybe since he was new on the job and was prioritizing football he thought maybe she could use some help with recruits at that time.... and I don't care if it was a fifty year contract if the buyout is properly structured.... do you know how much additional money the extension added to that? But for sure, he will do his best to treat her as well as he can due to her years as both player and coach and with the class and dignity required of players and staff by the lady who put her in line for the job. Bet he has a legitimate short list in hand before he pulls the trigger so we can get closer to a Barnes class person from the get go rather than a Kiffin class person.

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back