Holly replacement?

Hope you're right but I have my doubts. Fulmer isn't going to make a move until some of the old guard gives him the go ahead. He doesn't want any part of the title 9 stuff and I don't blame him. The old guard loves Holly, they're just as stupid and arrogant as she is.
Firing Holly is not a title nine issue, unless it is a title nine violation for not allowing a coach to misuse talent without cause. I know Hollyhocks want Holly to stay forever, however, get real, Holly is not the answer, and apparently will never be. How many five stars does she have to ruin until enough is enough? I think we are way past that point.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Deerpark, I’m curious if you really are certain about Hammon not wanting to coach women, or just assuming that she wouldn't based on her current career trajectory. Not suggesting you are incorrect — just wondering if you heard it from Becky herself, another reliable source, or in a news story somewhere. I’d love to read the story if she was quoted saying that.

It does look to me like the NBA has her heart and mind right now, but I would LOOOOOOOVE to think that if the right opportunity came along that she’d consider the women’s game. I so AM dreaming of her on the sidelines of the Summitt because I believe she’d get the program back on top.

She has repeatedly told people in the basketball industry that the NBA is where she wants to coach, period. She actually avoids women's basketball events for the most part to underscore the point. WNBA teams have asked her to advise, college programs have asked her to appear at camps and she's declined to focus on NBA Summer League games.

Sure, things could change, but from what I know of her, they will not change until she's had a shot in the NBA as a head coach or the #1 assistant.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Deerpark, I’m curious if you really are certain about Hammon not wanting to coach women, or just assuming that she wouldn't based on her current career trajectory. Not suggesting you are incorrect — just wondering if you heard it from Becky herself, another reliable source, or in a news story somewhere. I’d love to read the story if she was quoted saying that.

It does look to me like the NBA has her heart and mind right now, but I would LOOOOOOOVE to think that if the right opportunity came along that she’d consider the women’s game. I so AM dreaming of her on the sidelines of the Summitt because I believe she’d get the program back on top.
That's Becky;s dream but it is a tough challenge and may never come about-- look back a while ago that Florida offered her the job and she considered it for a while- problem was the $$$ and prestige wasn't there- same deal when Mens Colorado State offered her HC
LV with rich history - prestige and $$$ might be a possibility - think big-- why not try !!! She's a big time changer for us

Attachments

• B hammon.jpg
    B hammon.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: lvocd
Oh Hail Far! The University Of Tennessee (Liberal Dominated) Is NOT screwing anyone over. To insinuate that is simply dis-ingenious. Post all the statistics you want, but the TRUTH is there are some out there just looking to sue the boss. And Yes; as the employer, UT is the boss. (Supposedly) If half of those employed were compensated for their actual work; hello welfare. Yeah I'm and older guy, and I'm Real. I've lived a while, I've observed a lot, WORKED a lot, and I've Learned a lot. Frivolity.

Who is the "owner" of a state supported University?

Is it anarchy that business owners are now required by law to provide a safe workplace as opposed to putting workers in harms way: Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire - Wikipedia

I am guessing you are a more mature poster. If you are not yet retired, you have protections under title VII which "protects employees against discrimination based on certain specified characteristics: race, color, national origin, sex, age, and religion. Under Title VII, an employer may not discriminate with regard to any term, condition, or privilege of employment. Areas that may give rise to violations include recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, training, disciplining, discharging, assigning work, measuring performance, or providing benefits. Title VII applies to employers in both the private and public sectors that have 15 or more employees. It also applies to the federal government, employment agencies, and labor organizations. Title VII is enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission." [quoted from From an EEOC info page].

So, if you have been doing a demonstrably good job for a company for many years and the employer decides to fire you simply because you are deemed to be too old for the company's image, you can have legal recourse to that unfair treatment. So, what is it about this legal protection that you find so objectionable? Why is having provisions for fair treatment "a damned liberal PC plot that has screwed the country?"

You remember those folks who threw all that tea in the Boston harbor to protest "taxation without representation" way back in 1773? They were challenging the authority of their "owners" (the British monarchy) and the ensuing revolutionary war was indeed kind of anarchic. So, were the founding fathers, in your opinion, damned PC liberals who should have remained the obedient subjects of their British masters? Just curious.

"Boston Tea Party". LMAO. You lost all credibility with that reach. Seriously? Sorry that owners upset you. EMPLOYERS then. Maybe a poor choice of words; but intended as OWNERS of a company employing workers. You evidently took it to another place; unintended on my part. I'm a Business OWNER; so-----.

"Boston Tea Party". LMAO. You lost all credibility with that reach. Seriously? Sorry that owners upset you. EMPLOYERS then. Maybe a poor choice of words; but intended as OWNERS of a company employing workers. You evidently took it to another place; unintended on my part. I'm a Business OWNER; so-----.

OOHNOOOH! I have lost credibility on a fan message board. The shame of it all!

For the record, I am not the one ranting about "plots to destroy the country", so please take a reality check on who seems to be upset. However, there is a long history to show that employers will exploit workers when left to their own devices and that it is why we have laws protecting workers interests. Many other laws by the way also protect the interests of employers.

But again, this whole subthread is addressing the crazy conjecture advanced by another poster that the Fulmer is afraid to fire Holly because she would file a discrimination suit, following Debby Jennings' example. The reality check, in this case, is that firing Holly for insufficient performance would not fall under the discriminatory provisions of Title VII or IX and that Jennings' suit was an entirely different situation.

Last but not least, you might want to learn how organizations work. A university is organized around Colleges (College of nursing , engineering, etc), specific departments, and classes. Abuses of authority can happen at all these organizational levels (such as a senior faculty member sexually harassing a student, staff member, or junnior faculty member).

Rather than being so smug in your omnipotence, you might acknowledge that one's REAL experience is always limited and one can always learn and broaden their perspective by listening to others (or is learning a PC liberal plot to destroy the country as well?).

See ya boss,

MTV

Last edited:
Reactions: 1reVOLver and lvocd

Hammond is blazing a trail that has never been taken and is halfway there.
From college player to NBA coach....
From AAU coach to NCAA coach....

It's only impossible for those who can't do it

VN Store

Back