Holly.....Its So Hard To Say Goodbye!

Who freaking cares? I was flipping between channels, as I would always do watching women's college sports. I noticed, there must have been 200 people in the stands. who freaking cares? Just a way to distribute some revenue producing sport money to keep the Madonna crew happy and cut down on lawsuits. UT needs a good gymnastics team to go along with these other revenue draining sports.
Lady Vols basketball use to be a profitable commodity. Holly has driven ticket sales down well over 1 million dollars a season at this point.

I have a serious question? How do you know this? I know several "blue hairs" and have talked to them all this week. They all as in 100% are on board with Jeff Walz. Im a Blue Hair by the way with $$$.

You do not represent the Blue Hairs. Not at all. Nor do you know what you are talking about. At all.

For the record I never claimed to be anyone special or represent all “blue hairs”. I guess I could just shut up and not care but I like to contribute and my point all along is hiring for this job is unlike any other job in any other sport at any other place—it’s going to be very complicated.

I’m sure you will find some divergence of opinion even in the blue hair group. But if I combine information from my personal family relationship with one of them along with public nuggets dropped by people like Maria Cornelius and Debbie Jennings it’s fairly obvious whats
Up and what’s down.

Like them or not Debbie and Maria are very close to the heart beat of the blue hairs.

wait much longer to fire Warlick and it wont matter anymore
Yeah, this was relevant 3 or 4 years ago. Interest in LV bball has dropped significantly from what I can tell.
Holly is garbage and has been since day 1. She will have to be fired , she dont have what it takes to resign
So agree. Also, her hardcore defenders since day 1 are garbage and don't care about the program. It's why I keep telling people to stop coach worshipping. If a coach sucks get rid of them. The days of being loyal to a coach are mostly over. They make too much money for that. It's a "what have you done for me lately" atmosphere and she's been given way too much time to prove herself. She's proven to be a crappy coach driving a prestigious program into the ground.
Not hard at all.

Buh-bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Yup. Fulmer better pray that Pruitt works out too or he can follow her.
Lady Vols basketball use to be a profitable commodity. Holly has driven ticket sales down well over 1 million dollars a season at this point.
Absolutely. I mention that it's all about what have you done for me lately and, well, she's done nothing for this program because she lacks the skills to be below average coach, much less a good one. She's been breaking all sorts of records, all sorts of bad records. Considering how much talent she's had since day 1 there are no excuses for her. I've been saying since year 2 or 3 that she's probably one of the worst hires of any team of any sport in the SEC considering the talent, fan support, facilities, etc.

For the record I never claimed to be anyone special or represent all “blue hairs”. I guess I could just shut up and not care but I like to contribute and my point all along is hiring for this job is unlike any other job in any other sport at any other place—it’s going to be very complicated.

I’m sure you will find some divergence of opinion even in the blue hair group. But if I combine information from my personal family relationship with one of them along with public nuggets dropped by people like Maria Cornelius and Debbie Jennings it’s fairly obvious whats
Up and what’s down.

Like them or not Debbie and Maria are very close to the heart beat of the blue hairs.

I will answer you being the post I made was in response to your post. I dont think anyone including myself wants you to shut up. I am just saying you cant paint with a broad brush like that. And I am saying I know more than people might think about whats going on. I registered here because of what I was seeing. We have one of the best fan bases in the world and we need a new coach. All I am saying is we dont need to rule anyone out.

Who freaking cares? I was flipping between channels, as I would always do watching women's college sports. I noticed, there must have been 200 people in the stands. who freaking cares? Just a way to distribute some revenue producing sport money to keep the Madonna crew happy and cut down on lawsuits. UT needs a good gymnastics team to go along with these other revenue draining sports.

Whoa Nelly. Sacred Cow alert level I.

Holly's comments after this loss reminded me of Apocalypse Now where Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando) wanted Willard (Martin Sheen) to kill him. She stammered around clearly frustrated not so much, it seemed to me, by her team but that she didn't know how to fix it. She's begging Fulmer to relieve her of her suffering!

Holly's stammering around, I don't know pressers started shortly after she got the job. Does not matter to this administration. Pathetic.

Reactions: T.J.
I will answer you being the post I made was in response to your post. I dont think anyone including myself wants you to shut up. I am just saying you cant paint with a broad brush like that. And I am saying I know more than people might think about whats going on. I registered here because of what I was seeing. We have one of the best fan bases in the world and we need a new coach. All I am saying is we dont need to rule anyone out.

I can't believe I forgot to mention it but I was reminded in a text just now the root of the problem with Walz and Friese for many of those closest to the program. Allegedly, Friese and Walz (remember he was her assistant at the time at Maryland) were involved with trying to get Candace Parker to leave Tennessee after her freshman year. That's the root of the issue with those two.

Reactions: T.J.
The irony of the matter is PF seeing his own reflection in Holly. A former UT player coming up thru the ranks as an assistant and getting her chance to lead. She lacks motivational skills in regards to getting the best out of these players. New recruits are going to sense this and opt out. Holly has had more than enough time to demonstrate any promise of keeping the Lady Vols as one of the top teams in the country. 4 SEC losses in a row and looking to go further downhill? We'll see what PF is really made of soon.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Is that you Brenda? Can’t get them on your own so you are planting seeds on the internet hoping they sprout?

I've accepted it and so have many more on VN. I think it's also reflected in the majority of the fanbase also. It is becoming totally agonizing to watch a complete LV game now. It will be reflected in the stands at TBA if not already and the sadness is all those beautiful banners hanging overhead. So Holly shakes her head and has no answers post game after Bama? As stated, I can't bear the anquish of watching them further so I'm going by what's been posted on VN today. If Holly doesn't have the answer(s), I'd say that just about does it, don't it ?

Reactions: Rockyjr
I painfully watched the whole game last night. Not even close to being the teams Pat coached. I'll optimistically keep watching, but that was awful last night.

VN Store

Back