Holly has a jersey hanging in the rafters. She is here until she retires.

stlou07

Holly has her jersey hanging in the rafters. Pat did not know her head coaching abilities at the time of course. She is here until she retires.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Holly has her jersey hanging in the rafters. Pat did not know her head coaching abilities at the time of course. She is here until she retires.
Weak sauce! I'm no fan of her coaching abilities, but please do not forget her contribution as a player and years on the staff. She earned that "jersey hanging in the rafters".

Weak sauce! I'm no fan of her coaching abilities, but please do not forget her contribution as a player and years on the staff. She earned that "jersey hanging in the rafters".

She's a VFL and should never have that diminished one iota. Now, if she wants to turn her HC failure into a war to hang on, then SHE is going to diminish her legacy.
She will retire when the AD offers her that option or the option to be fired.

I say let her walk while the job is still attractive. For goodness sake don't wait until the ship has sunk to make a transition. For once, don't be Tennessee.

Reactions: Duckyvol59
I think missing the NCAA tourney would at least intensify the conversation. If we do make it which I certainly hope we do we'll see her next year. The team is basically sophomores and freshmen. That terrible recruiting season when we got nobody and had to go juco really is hurting this team along of course with the Holly way of coaching. Hopefully the Davis at the four experiment is over and we'll stop trying to beat SEC teams down court when most of the teams have more speed at the perimeter spots that we do.

Transfers haven't helped. Add Cooper and Hayes, and it would be a different team-- older and more experienced, with better shooters.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Checking our efficiency C. Green is at 22.51, R. Davis 19.51, Westbrook 18.87, KK 17.23, Z. Green 14.45, Jackson 13.92, Burrell 11.20, Massengill 10.30 as a team we round out at about 17.2 per player every forty minutes played.

Checking that against the men's team they come in at 22.0 a player per forty minutes led by Grant Williams who is at 32.48 which is awesome. The overall average of the men's team is lowered some by the center position that hasn't been as efficient as the other four positions. Even with that position being down some a 22.0 per player is fabulous.

So your talking about every player on the men's team being about 25 percent more productive than the women's team. What this means if the women were playing at the same efficiency as the men's team on a consistent game to game basis they would be undefeated this season. Since the SEC season started the women's efficiency has been quite low they made the most of their pre SEC schedule with some games being over the 20 mark.

The Bama game was a 12.2 per player, The Notre Dame game 14.2, Arkansas 17.8 one of our best games but we let them score 80 and lost. 15.2 in the last game when we beat LSU. So offensive efficiency against Bama was one of the lows of the season. Arkansas offense played well enough to win the game defense lost it. LSU played at a somewhat below average offensive efficiency still managed to win with either defense or more likely their terrible play.
The overall point being the men's team is not inconsistent they can maintain an efficiency over 20 consistently. The women are all over the place with lows around 12 and highs around 18 in SEC play. In some of the earlier games they were well over 20. Against Florida A&M they had a 28.0
The very good teams can always get their offensive around 20 per player consistently every game. In SEC play were falling way below that and going forward were gonna have to improve as a team to win most of the games we have left. You can always win with a very low offensive efficiency if you make the team your playing do even worse with your defense. The only time we have done that effectively is LSU held them to an 11.0 in the last game we played.

All the stats say is that we are a very inconsistent team both offensively and defensively. We already knew that and the question is why can't this coaching staff build and refine a better team on both ends of the floor? Why do we not get any better? We beat LSU did we play better on defense or were they just totally awful themselves. Next game up we'll see how things go both offensively and defensively. If we hold everyone to an 11 like LSU offense want matter but you must be consistent somewhere and were not doing it on either end.

Reactions: Momto2
Follow the money. If the money leaves TBA, Holly will soon follow the money.

I think missing the NCAA tourney would at least intensify the conversation. If we do make it which I certainly hope we do we'll see her next year. The team is basically sophomores and freshmen. That terrible recruiting season when we got nobody and had to go juco really is hurting this team along of course with the Holly way of coaching. Hopefully the Davis at the four experiment is over and we'll stop trying to beat SEC teams down court when most of the teams have more speed at the perimeter spots that we do.

Good post. Combination of several factors, but better coaching would have won most of the games with lesser talent.
We could very well go 18-12 and to me that would not deserve a bid.

My gut feeling says she stays no matter what happens the remainder of this year.

I think this is true unless she tanks at the end of this season. If they win games from here on out, she will be in good shape for now. But if they lose a bunch at the end of the season which will be all conference games, this will likely cause them to miss the tourney b/c so many other SEC teams will have better records overall and in conference. If the latter happens, there will be so much noise about the state of the program from fans that they will at the very least take a look at replacing her. Not to mention the attendance will be atrocious.

Transfers haven't helped. Add Cooper and Hayes, and it would be a different team-- older and more experienced, with better shooters.

Know what else hasn’t helped? Holly’s failure to implement a modern offense, manage a game and put players in the best position to succeed.

VN Store

Back