Holly Future

Keep Holly Fire Holly which way you want Tennessee to decide the future of the program.

• Total voters
Mississippi State will take all LV transfers!! Amazing what Vic does with lemons. Holly turned diamonds into dust. Think about it. Time for her to goooooo!!

Having people slide to another position isn’t that uncommon. I’ve worked in the educational field and often times I’ve seen people shifted from central office to the classroom or vice versa.

My thing is if it doesn’t make a dent in the university and we don’t have to pay her the $690k salary what does it hurt?

I mean Butch Jones is collecting a fat check at UTs expense smoking cigars while also getting paid from Bama.

Reactions: WeAreTheRealUT.
If you fire her, she gets paid. Why not put her to work doing something productive while she collects the buyout? Being that she's from here, played here and coached here I would like to think that she would have the university's interest in everything she did.

If she were a coach we hired from another school then I would agree.
That the problem, she's from born and raised, that alone should be enough for her to step down without pay.

Giving Warlick another job in the university just screams nepotism in an already corrupt college sports system (NCAA, student loans, state funding, etc.). Why should she deserve another job with the university that would likely pay hundreds of thousands of dollars? What has she done to earn this? Just because you're a VFL doesn't mean you get to leach off of student loans and taxes until you retire after bringing UT's most historically successful program to its lowest point.

+1,000!

Can you please run for Governor?

You don't give a coach that you are firing, or resigning, a job within the university. She botched her current job with UT, why give her another one to screw up? Stop with this nonsense.

Nonsense is exactly what that would be! I am 100% certain Philip Fulmer has far more intelligence than to do that.

Having people slide to another position isn’t that uncommon. I’ve worked in the educational field and often times I’ve seen people shifted from central office to the classroom or vice versa.

My thing is if it doesn’t make a dent in the university and we don’t have to pay her the $690k salary what does it hurt?

I mean Butch Jones is collecting a fat check at UTs expense smoking cigars while also getting paid from Bama.

With all due respect, this is one of the most ironically illogical things I've read @ this situation.

We are hoping for a return to the rarified air of being elite again in the extremely competitive wcbb world. The kind of world where focus, precision, passion, energy, excellence, discipline, teamwork, and relentless effort and hard work rule the day.

You just compared what we need to do achieve greatness with the workings of a government educational bureaucracy! Take a deep breath and think @ that.

HW needs a good decade long, well paid vacation far away from this program.

Reactions: lvocd
I don't think some (effectively) honorary job is what Holly would want as the next phase of her career.

She enjoys coaching and she was a good assistant. As a head coach, she became the poster child for the famed Peter Principle (one rises in the ranks of an organization until he/she hits a level of incompetence).

Despite failing as a HC, I am confident that there are many programs that would love to have Holly as an assistant coach and head recruiter. Holly will land just fine after leaving UT. She has buyout like every other head coach does and so she will get her severance pay. That payout is not Holly being a bad actor that is just how the business works.

While being a LVFL does not warrant life-time employment but it does deserve some respect. The vilification of Holly Warlick on this board is a poor reflection on many. Holly tried hard, she meant well, she had some early success but in the end she just was not up to the task.

She is not the first coach to think, "I can turn around this around with just one more season" and she is not the last who will be misguied in that belief but she is a human being who has been devoted to this program.

So, how about we dial back on the character assassination?

I don’t really care what else she does, so long as it’s not head coach of our women’s basketball team.
She’s dedicated many years to this program so we can’t just kick to her to the curb. Hell, her jersey is up in the rafters.
As of now, I say give her a job elsewhere. But that’s only if she understands that it is the best interest for her to step aside.

Reactions: LordBolton
WE VOTED TO "KEEP HOLLY"

Medieval_Morons.jpg

VN Store

Back