Holly Future

Keep Holly Fire Holly which way you want Tennessee to decide the future of the program.

• Total voters
I find it hard to believe that any school would watch Holly consistently screw up a good thing and say, "That's our future coach right there. Think we can get her?"

As bad as JPM, Karen and Nikki are...I don't think they are bad at Holly-levels. She is in a class all by herself.

If Tennessee parts ways with her, my guess is she will retire...because it's unlikely that any major program would be chasing after her out the door.
I totally agree and for the life of me I can’t believe nick saban hired butch jones

Just off the top of my head I calculate that Holly has received at least $4.5 MILLION over the past 7 years, maybe more. $4.5 million and it took Divine Intervention for the Lady Vols to even get an invitation to the NCAA Tournament. Let that sink in.

Reactions: T.J.
I would think that if the entire fanbase is anywhere close to conclusions of the poll that the AD and Tennessee would be on their way to making the change. Some thought it might happen today but it doesn't seem that is likely at this point. Tennessee has a way of prolonging the bad has happened in other sports and so again we wait for an answer.
No need to get in a hurry now. We have already reached bottom. And no to holly getting another job at ut. Why would she want to hang around?

Reactions: T.J.
I'm fine with giving her a job with the U if she'll forego her buyout so that can be used to pay the next coach.

I'd not want her around the LV in the gym. It would be awkward enough encountering her elsewhere in the athletic department offices. Maybe she can be given a job with the Mocs.

Then again, there's always the chance that Duke, Texas, or LSU might come calling and buy out her contract obligations.
No decent program is gonna want Holly for head coach.

No need to get in a hurry now. We have already reached bottom. And no to holly getting another job at ut. Why would she want to hang around?

If she'd stepped down gracefully instead of having to be forced out, all of this would have been so much better. But she managed to mess that up, too. I can no longer feel sorry for her.

I find it hard to believe that any school would watch Holly consistently screw up a good thing and say, "That's our future coach right there. Think we can get her?"

As bad as JPM, Karen and Nikki are...I don't think they are bad at Holly-levels. She is in a class all by herself.

If Tennessee parts ways with her, my guess is she will retire...because it's unlikely that any major program would be chasing after her out the door.

All they have to do is take one look at one her post game press conferences, and they would quickly put her resume at the bottom of the stack.

I think she has fired herself and her replacement is coaching in the tournament. No inside info necessary.

First, I wish Holly well. I think she did her damndest, but she was way in over her head. Secondly, it's not Holly's future that concerns me; it's that of the Lady Vols. The two are not mutually connected.

Reactions: T.J. and cutiepie5
The timing is kinda of tricky.

A best case scenario would be announcing a new coach, rather than dismissing Holly per se. Under that scenario, the media narrative would focus on what the new coach brings and the program starting a new chapter.

Just announcing that Holly is gone and a coach search is underway opens the door for speculation about a once storied program now adrift and plagued by all kinds of uncertainty.

If the pending new coach is in the tournament, then the naming would have to be delayed.

But I suppose ending speculation about Holly sooner than later remains the lesser of two evils.

I think Holly would be a disruption if they gave her an admin job but I do not mind her getting her buyout.

She deserves it more than Sgt Carter and what he got was highway robbery given the shape he left the program in.

I agree, would be hard for everyone to move on if she’s still around what with the apparent bad blood between her and the players. I do hate to see her just out on her van after giving 38 years of her life to UT, but she’s got to go.

If she stays and our top two players leave over it we’ll never pick up another top 10 propspect again. Maybe not even a top 50.

The timing is kinda of tricky.

A best case scenario would be announcing a new coach, rather than dismissing Holly per se. Under that scenario, the media narrative would focus on what the new coach brings and the program starting a new chapter.

Just announcing that Holly is gone and a coach search is underway opens the door for speculation about a once storied program now adrift and plagued by all kinds of uncertainty.

If the pending new coach is in the tournament, then the naming would have to be delayed.

But I suppose ending speculation about Holly sooner than later remains the lesser of two evils.
Yeah, better get to have an idea of what direction their going in before the summer starts. If they decide to go in another direction so the coach can have her staff in place before the summer madness of recruiting begin.

I'm fine with giving her a job with the U if she'll forego her buyout so that can be used to pay the next coach.

I'd not want her around the LV in the gym. It would be awkward enough encountering her elsewhere in the athletic department offices. Maybe she can be given a job with the Mocs.

Then again, there's always the chance that Duke, Texas, or LSU might come calling and buy out her contract obligations.

Excuuuse me....my Mocs certainly don’t want her!! We beat her in her first game as a head coach. Hopefully, Phillip will make a call to N.C. State and grab our former coach Wes Moore!

Why do people say give her another job? I understand she has been at the university for 30 some years but 20 of those on Pat's coat tail. Most any place that we work will not give us a lesser job just to give us a paycheck. I know she is a VFL as are many on here but they don't pay us. Thank you for the time severed. we paid you well. here is your gold watch happy retirement

Giving Warlick another job in the university just screams nepotism in an already corrupt college sports system (NCAA, student loans, state funding, etc.). Why should she deserve another job with the university that would likely pay hundreds of thousands of dollars? What has she done to earn this? Just because you're a VFL doesn't mean you get to leach off of student loans and taxes until you retire after bringing UT's most historically successful program to its lowest point.

The University already does this in so many other departments! Doing so with her will not even make a dent!

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I think that Holly should be offered another job in the athletic department because of her long service to UT, but it should be one where she does not have any way to interfere with the next women's basketball coach. She probably would not take it anyway, but I think it should be offered to her. If Phil decides not to fire her, then he must set program goals for her to keep the job after next year. As a minimum those goals should be a top 4 finish in the SEC, and to make it to the Elite Eight in the NCAAs. This team has the talent to do that.

VN Store

Back