Holding my nose and pulling for GA.

Ga had about 8 weeks to get ready mentally to play a big game when Tennessee came into Athens. They’re not that good.

Georgia winning is not good for us no matter how you wanna spin it. I use to be one of those people who was like SEC winning is good for UT. Every bowl year I’d be sitting there cheering for SEC teams. I was 100% wrong and foolish to believe/do that. You look at Clemson, OSU, Michigan, etc. These teams play 2-3 really tough games a year, on average, yet still find their way to the playoffs consistently. We on the other hand are guaranteed to play two top 10 teams every year, plus another SEC West team, plus FL, plus one out of conference team. At worst we are going to play 4-5 top 25 teams every year. When the conference finally expands, there’s a solid chance that number goes even higher, especially since our fan base has traditionalist who will not give up the Bama rivalry (despite the fact it puts us at an extreme disadvantage). Just my two cents. So, screw UGA.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I’m an SEC guy but I do not pull for teams just because they are in the SEC. It’s the best conference. It has the best matchups but I can’t stand Georgia. How on earth can you route for teams you despise? I just don’t think like that. It’s not a switch I can toggle off.

F*** that s****.

Hope Georgia loses by 40. Go Frogs, Go Wolverines, hell, even go (gag) Buckeyes. Anybody but Georgia.

You going to pull for Bama to lose too so your beloved Big 10 can solidify itself as THE NEW power conference? SC can help by losing to Purdue also. The SEC is already 0-2 in post season. All you guys hoping we go 1-10 baffle me. You all can jump on the bandwagon with your best buds Herbie and crew celebrating the seismic shift in the TOP of college football.

You going to pull for Bama to lose too so your beloved Big 10 can solidify itself as THE NEW power conference? SC can help by losing to Purdue also. The SEC is already 0-2 in post season. All you guys hoping we go 1-10 baffle me. You all can jump on the bandwagon with your best buds Herbie and crew celebrating the seismic shift in the TOP of college football.

What’s baffling is how you view the SEC losing as a negative. We could only hope the SEC loses its power some. Not being in the “best conference” sure has lead to problems for Clemson, OSU, OK over the last few years…The more teams that can dethrone UGA and Bama, the better for us. IDK why that’s hard to realize. It doesn’t matter how good your conference is. OSU plays literally no one. So does Clemson. All that matters is you win. I’ll gladly take Clemson’s schedule, and you can power trip on the SEC. Meanwhile, UT, the only team I care about, will win 10 games a year. At the current state, 10-11 games is our max most years because of our schedule. But by all means, please continue to cheer for UGA and Bama…

What’s baffling is how you view the SEC losing as a negative. We could only hope the SEC loses its power some. Not being in the “best conference” sure has lead to problems for Clemson, OSU, OK over the last few years…The more teams that can dethrone UGA and Bama, the better for us. IDK why that’s hard to realize. It doesn’t matter how good your conference is. OSU plays literally no one. So does Clemson. All that matters is you win. I’ll gladly take Clemson’s schedule, and you can power trip on the SEC. Meanwhile, UT, the only team I care about, will win 10 games a year. At the current state, 10-11 games is our max most years because of our schedule. But by all means, please continue to cheer for UGA and Bama…

Why don’t we just get ahead of the curve and join the OVC?

We recruit harder against GA.. Kirby with a bunch of Sabenesque Natty rings won't help that. And if they get beat by "an inferior team" it gives us gunpowder to recruit against them down the road. Come on guys, think outside the box!!!

Great post. Thank you. Any sec team winning does not help UT at all in recruiting. Especially jawja or bubba.

I root for my team, not conferences. You can hop in with Vandy, Kentucky, and the other losers and celebrate Bama and Georgia's titles. I give zero damns about the other teams in the SEC. Bama and Georgia winning it all has done ZERO to help us.

My beloved Big Ten.....lmao. If the Big Ten wins the National Championship, that doesn't solidify them as the new power conference. They had one great year. Woopty.

You weirdos that worry about conferences more than your "favorite" team (do you really have a favorite team? Really?) baffle me.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I root for my team, not conferences. You can hop in with Vandy, Kentucky, and the other losers and celebrate Bama and Georgia's titles. I give zero damns about the other teams in the SEC. Bama and Georgia winning it all has done ZERO to help us.

My beloved Big Ten.....lmao. If the Big Ten wins the National Championship, that doesn't solidify them as the new power conference. They had one great year. Woopty.

You weirdos that worry about conferences more than your "favorite" team (do you really have a favorite team? Really?) baffle me.

Your reading comprehension needs some help, I am not rooting for GA to help GA but to take OSU and MICH down and TCU by losing to MICH so we can move up several spots in the final poll. If it was LSU or Pitt on the bracket there I would pull for them too since that would carry the most weight with common opponent ramifications with the voters. Ending higher WILL impact where we start next year. Under the current circumstances I will pull for BAMA to lose so we can pass them too. Whatever advantages UT is my priority, However, if TCU does win I will pull for them no matter who they are playing. If GA is not needed to beat MICH them getting a loss gets us closer to them and stalls them at one NATTY. But they could get OSU out of the way for us first. They can't lose but once.

I would love for TCU to beat MICH by 30, GA beat OSU by 30 and then TCU beat GA by 30. GA beating both Big 10 teams would PROBABLY be better for us but don't want to risk it.

Your reading comprehension needs some help, I am not rooting for GA to help GA but to take OSU and MICH down and TCU by losing to MICH so we can move up several spots in the final poll. If it was LSU or Pitt on the bracket there I would pull for them too since that would carry the most weight with common opponent ramifications with the voters. Ending higher WILL impact where we start next year. Under the current circumstances I will pull for BAMA to lose so we can pass them too. Whatever advantages UT is my priority, However, if TCU does win I will pull for them no matter who they are playing. If GA is not needed to beat MICH them getting a loss gets us closer to them and stalls them at one NATTY. But they could get OSU out of the way for us first. They can't lose but once.

I would love for TCU to beat MICH by 30, GA beat OSU by 30 and then TCU beat GA by 30. GA beating both Big 10 teams would PROBABLY be better for us but don't want to risk it.
I know you're having a bad week.....the SEC has only won 1 bowl game thus far. I guess our recruiting will take a hit.

Your reading comprehension needs some help.

I said, and I quote, "hell, even go (gag) Buckeyes." You then proceed to write a whole diatribe about me loving my beloved Big Ten.

The cognitive dissonance that can be found on the interwebs is amazing.

Last edited:
As hard as that is, is it possible that if MICH clobbers TCU, GA has significant wins against OSU and then MICH, that UT and Bama would join GA in the final top 3? If Bama squeaks by and we win big maybe we end up number 2. In this case I believe the end justifies the means.

Just need GA to beat the Big10 guys by more than 14 to make it tough to not drop them. I will also suck it up and pull for SC, 1 because it makes our loss look better and 2 they are playing ND.

If we lose I may have to reassess my position, but doubt it.
Nope . can't do it. Ga can go straight to..

Reactions: joevol33

Georgia winning it all hurts us more than us moving up a couple of spots in the final poll helps us. Not being smart, but it's literally that simple.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Georgia winning it all hurts us more than us moving up a couple of spots in the final poll helps us. Not being smart, but it's literally that simple.

Have to believe a top 3 finish (best case I think) could get our signing classes closer to their signing classes. Our star rankings can IMPROVE much more than their's if Coach has top 5 ranking to sell. We have to win of course. Their win(s) can help us, their loss can't. Them dropping to 4 would only further make it harder for us to move up. We will not pass a 1 loss GA. Making our loss to them look worse is not a positive. Having one of our two losses to an undefeated that just beat two playoff team does.

Have to believe a top 3 finish (best case I think) could get our signing classes closer to their signing classes. Our star rankings can IMPROVE much more than their's if Coach has top 5 ranking to sell. We have to win of course. Their win(s) can help us, their loss can't. Them dropping to 4 would only further make it harder for us to move up. We will not pass a 1 loss GA. Making our loss to them look worse is not a positive. Having one of our two losses to an undefeated that just beat two playoff team does.
Georgia winning will not help our recruiting, it'll only further distance us from them

Georgia winning will not help our recruiting, it'll only further distance us from them

How much better can their classes be? How much better can our classes be? Two dominating wins, say by 21 points, over OSU and MICH and our loss to a common opponent is better than theirs. Pass OSU for sure, Bama if they lose or squeak by and we win... BUT we gotta win. Start finding out a little over an hour. If we lose and cannot be helped by some GA wins then yeah I am good with them losing, just prefer it be TCU.
As I said earlier, they can only lose once and prefer they do it after dispatching OSU. We will be competing with OSU and MICH for recruits too. If OSU beats GA then MICH then they will finish 1 and 2. Not sure final rankings if Mich beats OSU, but would bet OSU finishes higher than GA with only losses to undefeated champion. Those stink big time too. Worse even for me. Bowl season has not gone in our favor so far. Don't want to have to deal with winning big in conference next season to hear about the conference in complete decline.

How much better can their classes be? How much better can our classes be? Two dominating wins, say by 21 points, over OSU and MICH and our loss to a common opponent is better than theirs. Pass OSU for sure, Bama if they lose or squeak by and we win... BUT we gotta win. Start finding out a little over an hour. If we lose and cannot be helped by some GA wins then yeah I am good with them losing, just prefer it be TCU.
As I said earlier, they can only lose once and prefer they do it after dispatching OSU. We will be competing with OSU and MICH for recruits too. If OSU beats GA then MICH then they will finish 1 and 2. Not sure final rankings if Mich beats OSU, but would bet OSU finishes higher than GA with only losses to undefeated champion. Those stink big time too. Worse even for me. Bowl season has not gone in our favor so far. Don't want to have to deal with winning big in conference next season to hear about the conference in complete decline.
Final rankings don't mean anything man, recruiting is over. There's no recruit out there waiting to see who is ranked where after the last game. They are out there seeing who wins titles, in the playoffs, etc. Georgia winning hurts us, again not being smart, but no speech will convince me otherwise.

I said, and I quote, "hell, even go (gag) Buckeyes." You then proceed to write a whole diatribe about me loving my beloved Big Ten.

The cognitive dissonance that can be found on the interwebs is amazing.

You are either for them or agin' them.... As I just responded in another thread, how do we close ground on GA in recruiting if OSU and Mich finish 1 and 2 and GA is still higher than us? Granted, GA squeaking out wins does not help much. But big wins by GA is our only chance to finish above any of the playoff teams. We recruit against OSU as much as we do GA, maybe more for players outside the state of GA.

VN Store

Back