Hoke

utchs81

Looks like Brady Hoke has another head coaching gig. Wonder if he has dismissed any potential all American players yet. :)

Also, I'm hearing that his first move is to kick the O-Line off the team.

That dude's bounced around a lot since he was Michigan's HC.

2016 - Oregon DC (fired)
2017 - Tennessee DL coach/interim HC (fired)
2018 - Carolina Panthers DL coach (fired)
2019 - San Diego St DL coach
2020 - San Diego St HC

I think it is the perfect place for him to be HC. He is already the best coach they have had in a generation.

Rocky Long won a lot there. Hoke was only the HC there for 2 years before he got the Michigan job.

That dude's bounced around a lot since he was Michigan's HC.

2016 - Oregon DC (fired)
2017 - Tennessee DL coach/interim HC (fired)
2018 - Carolina Panthers DL coach (fired)
2019 - San Diego St DL coach
2020 - San Diego St HC

Saying he was fired from Oregon and Tennessee is a bit of stretch. He wasn't retained under new regimes. I think that's a significant difference.

Not really. I mean, he along with the entire staff he was a part of was cleaned out.
yea, because Butch was fired. The staff was just let go because the coach wanted his own group. There’s a difference between fired and laid off.

yea, because Butch was fired. The staff was just let go because the coach wanted his own group. There’s a difference between fired and laid off.
Laid off = typically has nothing to do with that person's performance. Trying to cut costs, etc.

Hoke was part of an underperforming coaching staff at Oregon, Tennessee, and Carolina, and ultimately bought out and removed from his position at all 3 places. The AD/GM fires the HC, but in most cases all of those guys will be fired by the incoming HC because as you said they want their own guys. The new HC saying "We won't be keeping you" is a really nice way of saying "You're fired." Hoke wasn't laid off to cut costs, a corporate restructuring, or something like that.

WSU looking at a loser like Hoke
Jim McElwain reportedly could be target for Washington State

VN Store

Back