History Made Again

allenfan1

I can't use the work Coach so I'll just say Warlick is a disgrace to Women's Basketball. I am so sick of hearing the same things from here that it makes one sick. I try to give credit where credit is due, but she deserves no credit. That's two in a row over an unranked Missouri team and the first ever in Knoxville, and I think three in a row we have been beat from Alabama. If the athletic department can't see what she is doing to this program, then Fulmer needs to fired as well. We are the laughing stock of Women's Basketball from the other coaches. They simply have no offense, and then at the end to take 16 seconds off the clock and still have to take a terrible shot. I always complain about her not using her timeouts, but I do see why she doesn't as we took two and came within a half second of a 5 second violation, so it is obvious to everyone that she has no plays. I will not be watching the post game interview as I already know all of the answers to the questions and I am tired of hearing "I don't have a clue" or I don't know. It is evident she will never be able to prepare a team to "chase then off the three point line" which is her favorite saying this year, or stop them from driving to the basket for a simple layup. I watched them against Murray State and as I posted then, we are in for a long season. Average teams coming to the Summitt and beating us will continue to happen as long as she is able to stand on the sideline (sorry I still can't use the word coach to describe her). When the attendance continues to dwindle, maybe then they will open their eyes. Anyone that thinks she can coach at this level, well they are either a relative, or don't really care about Lady Vol Basketball.

I can't use the work Coach so I'll just say Warlick is a disgrace to Women's Basketball. I am so sick of hearing the same things from here that it makes one sick. I try to give credit where credit is due, but she deserves no credit. That's two in a row over an unranked Missouri team and the first ever in Knoxville, and I think three in a row we have been beat from Alabama. If the athletic department can't see what she is doing to this program, then Fulmer needs to fired as well. We are the laughing stock of Women's Basketball from the other coaches. They simply have no offense, and then at the end to take 16 seconds off the clock and still have to take a terrible shot. I always complain about her not using her timeouts, but I do see why she doesn't as we took two and came within a half second of a 5 second violation, so it is obvious to everyone that she has no plays. I will not be watching the post game interview as I already know all of the answers to the questions and I am tired of hearing "I don't have a clue" or I don't know. It is evident she will never be able to prepare a team to "chase then off the three point line" which is her favorite saying this year, or stop them from driving to the basket for a simple layup. I watched them against Murray State and as I posted then, we are in for a long season. Average teams coming to the Summitt and beating us will continue to happen as long as she is able to stand on the sideline (sorry I still can't use the word coach to describe her). When the attendance continues to dwindle, maybe then they will open their eyes. Anyone that thinks she can coach at this level, well they are either a relative, or don't really care about Lady Vol Basketball.
Everything you posted is true! I couldn't agree with you more.

With that being said. I'm still rolling with Holly

Reactions: RollerVol and gule

Might want to "work" on your first line

I agree with every word that you wrote...the analysis is absolutely on point. It's time the fans rise up and demand action....how about Kara Lawson for our coach...she would get it done and restore Lady Vols basketball.

Fulmer's job does not hinge on Women's basketball

It should, he is the AD and womens basketball is a major part of the program. My total fear in Fulmer becoming AD was that he did not have the "guts" to do something about the Lady Vols basketball program. With attendance dropping to under 8,000 per game, the LV may become a loser financially....under Summit and 13,000 per game they produce almost $2 million per year for the other programs. You could justify firing Warlick for the loss in revenue alone which would be far more than her compensation total.

It should, he is the AD and womens basketball is a major part of the program. My total fear in Fulmer becoming AD was that he did not have the "guts" to do something about the Lady Vols basketball program. With attendance dropping to under 8,000 per game, the LV may become a loser financially....under Summit and 13,000 per game they produce almost $2 million per year for the other programs. You could justify firing Warlick for the loss in revenue alone which would be far more than her compensation total.[/QUOTE

2500 fans @ the UK game, counting all game day personnel ( ushers, concessions, maintenance, few media, etc...,

Reactions: VFL17
It should, he is the AD and womens basketball is a major part of the program. My total fear in Fulmer becoming AD was that he did not have the "guts" to do something about the Lady Vols basketball program. With attendance dropping to under 8,000 per game, the LV may become a loser financially....under Summit and 13,000 per game they produce almost $2 million per year for the other programs. You could justify firing Warlick for the loss in revenue alone which would be far more than her compensation total.

Women's basketball operates at a deficit (See 2017 fiscal year-end figures below). Fulmer is here for football and the unfortunate truth is we could lose every women's bb game for the next 20 years and if we have a good football program, it will not matter.

Tennessee athletic department revenue and expenses reach new highs

Yep. Kara Lawson would bring it back but Fulmer somehow didn’t see the absolute ineptness of this staff. I can’t stand too much but I don’t even recognize a game plan when I do tune in.

I don’t watch many games anymore, and I refuse to get emotionally invested. The LVs desperately need new coaching, and until that happens, I don’t like supporting the program. I will probably go to Notre Dame game to see AO and McGraw and just to see a well coached team.

Reactions: Sportslady
She got the extension last year so she could still recruit and she brought in a great class.

But the extension will also make it easier to fire her after this season (lower buyout).

The coaching search will probably last about as long as our OC search.

I agree with every word that you wrote...the analysis is absolutely on point. It's time the fans rise up and demand action....how about Kara Lawson for our coach...she would get it done and restore Lady Vols basketball.

How would you know that she has never coached, but Holly does need to go.

Women's basketball operates at a deficit (See 2017 fiscal year-end figures below). Fulmer is here for football and the unfortunate truth is we could lose every women's bb game for the next 20 years and if we have a good football program, it will not matter.

Tennessee athletic department revenue and expenses reach new highs

The football program is settled for now with Pruitt auditioning, and the men's basketball program is obviously in great shape. The LV basketball program should be the next order of business, and make no mistake Holly's "extension" was nothing more than a temporary band-aid...

Have only played 2 ranked teams since season opener still can't win unranked teams comfortably. Holly wish to play unrank team for entire season still will not will championship.

Starting guards shot 5-28? Is a start....

That`s Jackson and Westbrook it`s time for Holly to move Zay to the sg spot and play Rae more on the wing. I`m not saying don`t play Jackson and Westbrook what i`m saying is when they are hurting the team they sit. Right now rewarding the two with 35-40 is not a good look and hurting the team. And someone needs to teach Westbrook how to go left, 99% of her drives to the basket are to her right and teams are now looking for her to go right.

VN Store

Back