Historical QB Comparisons

allvol

Eternally Optimistic
Somebody had to finally show the comparison. I've listed the Vols QBs stats for their first 3 games (with meaningful playing time) going back to Heath Shuler. The list also includes Peyton Manning, Tee Martin, and Casey Clausen.

qb_compare.jpg

Wow, Ainge and Schaeffer come out looking pretty golden there, particularly on the pass side. I wonder how the quality of opponents for each player on the list would stack up?

Safe to say, if these young bucks can maintain those kind of numbers after Auburn and George we're going to have a special year.

Originally posted by milohimself@Sep 30, 2004 12:18 AM
Why did Clausen have such a lesser rating? Those look like pretty good numbers.

Notice he had way more attempts than the others. His yards per attempt were lower and that is a factor in the QB Rating.

Originally posted by Vol 4 Life@Sep 29, 2004 5:29 PM
Wow, Ainge and Schaeffer come out looking pretty golden there, particularly on the pass side.  I wonder how the quality of opponents for each player on the list would stack up?

qb_compare2.jpg

Nothing wrong with being a Shuler fan he was awesome ! :ph34r: He would have went farther in the pros if he hadn't held out and pissed his teammates off. Like I've said before guys will block, run routes, and execute better for someone they like and respect (Clausen's problem in my opinion).

What is also amazing is that all the UF games listed were won by Tennessee and with a quarterback playing in his first few games.

Awesome stats allvol. You da man. We need to come of with a title for you like Stat Guru or something.

Look how bad Martin's rating against Florida was!!

VN Store

Back