Hiking, kayaking, biking, skiing, camping, hunting and other outdoor activities. Show me your pictures

Help! Somewhere there is a thread where people who actually know something about the military have posted. I can not find it. Does anyone know the thread or can anyone tell me what the headings are (or mean) on this WWII battalion payroll stub?

Any help would be appreciated. @Volosaurus rex and @Ulysees E. McGill

Attachments

• IMG_5271.jpeg
    IMG_5271.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 18
Help! Somewhere there is a thread where people who actually know something about the military have posted. I can not find it. Does anyone know the thread or can anyone tell me what the headings are (or mean) on this WWII battalion payroll stub?

443rd antiaircraft artillery battalion is my best guess

Also, maybe a local Vet Center. They help a lot of veterans get their paperwork in order for claiming VA benefits. They might know someone who knows someone. Good luck!

Thanks, I know he was 443rd AAA Battalion SP, from Torch through VE Day and afterwards in England and Belgium.
It’s the headers: Spec. Rating? Cl-B? Gov’t In ClaNd? What do those stand for? I can figure out what Years and Allotment mean, but those I can’t. I’m not even sure I’m reading them correctly!

Also, maybe a local Vet Center. They help a lot of veterans get their paperwork in order for claiming VA benefits. They might know someone who knows someone. Good luck!
Thanks, he’s been dead for years. Not looking for benefits or anything, I’m just trying to research his history; he talked about it very little and, with me, pretty much innocuous things.

Reactions: VolNExile
Thanks, he’s been dead for years. Not looking for benefits or anything, I’m just trying to research his history; he talked about it very little and, with me, pretty much innocuous things.
I figured it might be more useful as an information source. Good luck with your research, it sounds really interesting! The WWII generation was very restrained when it came to sharing what they did and saw.

edit to add: I just saw the laundry category, lol. Military clerks didn't let anything get by! - Army brat here.

Last winter, I went skiing in Colorado, and it was a blast! The snow conditions were perfect, and the views were breathtaking. It's one of those spots I'd definitely recommend for any skiing enthusiast.

When we landed at Denver airport, we got a transfer in a new Escalade. The whole family loved it, especially after a tiring flight. If you ever need to travel in comfort from Denver airport to Copper, I'd suggest looking into it.

I stayed at the Cambria Hotel - super clean, incredibly comfy, and the food was delicious. Seriously, after a long day on the slopes, coming back to such comfort made the trip even better.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back