Highschool Football League

HS students are already winnning their god given right to profit off their Name, Image, and Likeness. State by state.

Not sure what thread is for. But thankful we have a separate thread to discuss such exciting innovations.

@frank can you pin this thread?

There needs to be some kind of regulations, rules, whatever you want to call it, concerning NIL. Each state is making their own NIL rules, and they are most likely different for every state. The one that irks me, if what I've seen is accurate, is Missouri. They are giving high school players NIL deals, if they agree to sign with a university in Missouri. It doesn't require them to sign with UM, just agree that they will not sign with a school that is not in Missouri. If they do, they have to pay back the NIL money they received for agreeing to stay in state.

Maybe someone more learned than me can give some insight on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
There needs to be some kind of regulations, rules, whatever you want to call it, concerning NIL. Each state is making their own NIL rules, and they most likely different for every state. The one that irks me, if what I've seen is accurate, is Missouri. They are giving high school players NIL deals, if they agree to sign with a university in Missouri. It doesn't require them to sign with UM, just agree that they will not sign with a school that is not in Missouri. If they do, they have to pay back the NIL money they received for agreeing to sty in state.

Maybe someone more learned than me can give some insight on this.

Why does it irk you? Every other state is free to do the same thing

I think this league is a spring league, but promises to have the best highschool players and some who are flying under the radar. Think of it like AAU basketball and a replacement for 7v7.

I think this league is a spring league, but promises to have the best highschool players and some who are flying under the radar. Think of it like AAU basketball and a replacement for 7v7.
This sounds like a money grab to me, for the sponsors. Plus I think the players are risking injury not really having an offseason. I feel the last thing football needs is an AAU type situation.

This sounds like a money grab to me, for the sponsors. Plus I think the players are risking injury not really having an offseason. I feel the last thing football needs is an AAU type situation.
I’m just telling you what is out there and will be catching fire soon. They are looking at different cities that are hot beds of high school football and creating these super teams for the purpose of the league.

So now we are going to pay High School athletes? Stupid idea. Was hoping to see blue font.
I gotta agree here. Where does it end? Bumping up closely against child labor laws here. Don’t need minors being taken advantage of (by parents, coaches, agents, etc) any more than they already are. Lets keep the NIL to revenue producing leagues with, at the minimum, young adult participants who the law has deemed old enough to buy a pack of cigarettes, or live on their own, much less sign a work related pay for play contract.

Reactions: volanatic
Like the US Army does? “We’ll pay for your school as long as you commit to active duty afterwards”.
I don't know anything about the military academies recruiting, I just know that those who go are given appointments. Don't know if that's how it works for athletics.

If it is full contact, it's not good because their bodies need time to rest. CTE is a real thing as well.

VN Store

Back