Highest paid defensive line coaches in college football

I know......it's facts, so it's dumb.
What’s dumb is calling your opinion a fact. You’re giving off big dunning kruger vibes.

Even though you’re a troll, on a serious note, I do need to do a deep dive of his time at Auburn. I have heard he had underachieved at his time at Auburn, but they were also a D Line NFL factory when he was there. And I know what Auburn has looked like since he’s been gone. So I do want to actually get to the facts one day, but it honestly doesn’t matter because he kicks azz here

What’s dumb is calling your opinion a fact. You’re giving off big dunning kruger vibes.

Even though you’re a troll, on a serious note, I do need to do a deep dive of his time at Auburn. I have heard he had underachieved at his time at Auburn, but they were also a D Line NFL factory when he was there. And I know what Auburn has looked like since he’s been gone. So I do want to actually get to the facts one day, but it honestly doesn’t matter because he kicks azz here

I agree with you and we might be saying the same thing. His DL at Auburn wasn't good, that's not an opinion. It doesn't matter now, because he's done well here.

My only point was, we run an aggressive style of defense and it relies heavily on DL, so coach Garner fits well cause he develops talent that can work in this system. When Coach Banks was DC at Cincinnati and Central Michigan, he had pretty dominant DL's that had good production. I don't know the system they ran at Auburn, but the DL as a unit wasn't good.

The style of defense we run has a lot to do with the production at DL, so im not sure we will get in any bidding wars. At least 10-15 years prior to Tennessee, Coach Garners DL's weren't good, but he does well in our system.
Auburn and Georgia typically had really good DL while Garner was there. Can’t think of a Garner led group that was bad, dating back 30 years.

Auburn and Georgia typically had really good DL while Garner was there. Can’t think of a Garner led group that was bad, dating back 30 years.

He's developed some great players, but as a whole, his DL's, statistically, weren't good at Auburn. Georgia was better. I just think he needs an aggressive system and that's where his players will shine.

Rodney Garner, is > ALL others on that list for MANY reasons...

just in case you haven't seen...ENJOY!

This man is priceless. CJH knows this. He has quietly put together what can be the best defensive line in the country. We need some new DTs this class badly though because we are gonna put 3, 4, 5 guys from this Dline in the NFL after this season.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Prove me wrong. Nothing I said was an opinion and I'm not gonna bash Coach G because he's done a great job here and that's all that really matters to me.

How do you prove a troll wrong when they have already made up their mind.

The style of defense we run has a lot to do with the production at DL, so im not sure we will get in any bidding wars. At least 10-15 years prior to Tennessee, Coach Garners DL's weren't good, but he does well in our system.
Youre just making stuff up lol his DLs have generally been top 25 in TFLs and sacks, and in the 15 years prior to coming to Tennessee, defenses he coached on finished outside the top 25 in total defense 4 times.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Auburn's defensive line in 2019, with DT's Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson, was good. As I recall, Brown was a top 10 draft pick in 2020 by Carolina. He still plays for them. I don't remember what round Davidson was drafted, but he currently plays for the Titans.

You are talking out of your butt, just a bit with this.

He's developed some great players, but as a whole, his DL's, statistically, weren't good at Auburn. Georgia was better. I just think he needs an aggressive system and that's where his players will shine.
At best, your opinion is highly debatable. At worst, you are just wrong.

Auburn's defensive line in 2019, with DT's Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson, was good. As I recall, Brown was a top 10 draft pick in 2020 by Carolina. He still plays for them. I don't remember what round Davidson was drafted, but he currently plays for the Titans.

You are talking out of your butt, just a bit with this.

Davidson was originally drafted by the Falcons.

His DL at Auburn wasn't good, that's not an opinion.
When you use adjectives to describe the qualities of a noun, you are providing an opinion, which may or may not be the consensus of informed observers.

When you cite the actual statistics, to support your opinion, you are providing facts. You haven't done that.

Thoughts?

$1.25 million: Bo Davis, LSU

$1.202 million: Tray Scott, Georgia

$1.167 million: Larry Johnson, Ohio State

$1.1 million: Nick Eason, Clemson

$1 million: Freddie Roach, Alabama

$950,000: Chris Rumph, Clemson

$900,000: Rodney Garner, Tennessee

$893,000: Lou Esposito, Michigan

$875,000: Brian Williams, Maryland*

Clemson has two DL coaches?

Youre just making stuff up lol his DLs have generally been top 25 in TFLs and sacks, and in the 15 years prior to coming to Tennessee, defenses he coached on finished outside the top 25 in total defense 4 times.

First, Auburn wasn't in top 25 in total d at all, just scoring d a few times. Second, the stats support what I said. Coach G's most productive DL's have been at Tennessee. I said he's done a great job here but at Auburn, his D lines weren't very product. Statistically for the most part, they were bad. Again, that's not to bash Coach G, he's been great here, so I'm happy with it, but to say he's was generally top 25 in tfl and sacks is not true.

2012 Georgia
TFL. #34
SACKS. #44
RUSH. #77

2013 Auburn
TFL. #41
SACKS. #46
RUSH. #62

2014 Auburn
TFL. #49
SACKS. #95
RUSH. #67

2015 Auburn
TFL. #125
SACKS. #104
RUSH. #81

2016 Auburn
TFL. #42
SACKS. #75
RUSH. #27

2017 Auburn
TFL. #70
SACKS #25
RUSH. #35

2018 Auburn
TFL. #20
SACKS. #16
RUSH. #38

2019 Auburn
TFL. #19
SACKS. #64
RUSH. #25

2020 Auburn
TFL. #82
SACKS. #53
RUSH. #62

2021 TENNESSEE
TFL. #7
SACKS. #43
RUSH. 59

2022 TENNESSEE
TFL. #10
SACKS #44
RUSH. #20

2023 TENNESSEE
TFL. #4
SACKS. #8
RUSH. #19

First, Auburn wasn't in top 25 in total d at all, just scoring d a few times. Second, the stats support what I said. Coach G's most productive DL's have been at Tennessee. I said he's done a great job here but at Auburn, his D lines weren't very product. Statistically for the most part, they were bad. Again, that's not to bash Coach G, he's been great here, so I'm happy with it, but to say he's was generally top 25 in tfl and sacks is not true.

2012 Georgia
TFL. #34
SACKS. #44
RUSH. #77

2013 Auburn
TFL. #41
SACKS. #46
RUSH. #62

2014 Auburn
TFL. #49
SACKS. #95
RUSH. #67

2015 Auburn
TFL. #125
SACKS. #104
RUSH. #81

2016 Auburn
TFL. #42
SACKS. #75
RUSH. #27

2017 Auburn
TFL. #70
SACKS #25
RUSH. #35

2018 Auburn
TFL. #20
SACKS. #16
RUSH. #38

2019 Auburn
TFL. #19
SACKS. #64
RUSH. #25

2020 Auburn
TFL. #82
SACKS. #53
RUSH. #62

2021 TENNESSEE
TFL. #7
SACKS. #43
RUSH. 59

2022 TENNESSEE
TFL. #10
SACKS #44
RUSH. #20

2023 TENNESSEE
TFL. #4
SACKS. #8
RUSH. #19
Are these statistics specific to the Defensive Line unit or do they reflect the entire defense itself, which Garner wasn't responsible for as just a position coach?

With what he has to work with and his proven ability to develop players, i expect his squad to show out this year and push him to near the very top. Everyone‘s eyes will be on Nico and the Offense (and rightfully so); but this DL is what is going to get us over the hump and into the playoff IMHO

I don’t keep up with recruiting as others do but, is he pulling in players like he did under Fulmer; I so remember Deon Grant and Jamal Lewis and a few others!
I can’t say how many recruits he’s landed this time around but he’s clearly an elite coach, and arguably the best DL coach in the country. His group is one of, if not, the deepest on the team and he knows how to develop guys and get the most out of them.

VN Store

Back