Highest or lowest scoring high school game

volsfan125

VOL to the core
What was the highest or lowest scoring game that you played in. I figure this might be a good off season topic to discuss. Any fond or bad memories of the game. Mine was a game I played in my Jr year in 1991. We Copper Basin beat Union County, Ga 3-0. Union County was a bigger school than us, AA compare to us A. We had a decent straight footed kicker that could hit anything inside 30 yards.

Reactions: give_him 6
I saw a 5* Bama QB committment lose to the 3rd place team in his district in back to back years 48-0 and 53-7

4th highest scoring game in Georgia history, McIntosh HS in Peachtree City beat Drew HS 77-56. My son played on the team the year before and I kept stats for the coaches and was still doing so the next year. McIntosh was up at the half like 42-35 or something like that and I asked the Offensive Coordinator leaving the press box if he had another 42 in them. He laughed and said he didn't think so. But they did have 35!

What was the highest or lowest scoring game that you played in. I figure this might be a good off season topic to discuss. Any fond or bad memories of the game. Mine was a game I played in my Jr year in 1991. We Copper Basin beat Union County, Ga 3-0. Union County was a bigger school than us, AA compare to us A. We had a decent straight footed kicker that could hit anything inside 30 yards.

First game I started at QB my sophomore year was against Columbia. They had a senior LB named John (or Greg) Pointer that signed with Vandy. He would go on to make 1st Team SEC and be a captain. Columbia also had a defensive tackle that signed with Tennessee, I think his last name was Hawkins, but never played at UT because of an injury. Anyway, we won 7-2 (Pointer sacked me for a safety).

Reactions: volsfan125

Old Hickory Academy lost to Halls High School 3-0
My only State Playoff game.

Reactions: volsfan125
My senior year at Greenback, we went undefeated and won state. I think we beat Webb like 10-7 on a last second field goal that year. We played a couple teams that year that we could have beaten 70 or 80 to 0, but Coach Satterfield called off the dogs.

Didn't play in, but watched Powell Valley beat Surgoinsville 2-0. 1979 maybe? Not a terribly exciting game, as I recall....

Most Points in a Game by One Team in Tennessee History

Dobyns Bennett vs. Norton High School, VA
193-0..............1926
Haywood vs. Newbern
115-0........November 25, 1920
Huntsville vs. Sunbright
112-13............November 1968

VN Store

Back