High School Jamboree

The CAK-Powell one is surprising, but Karns has sucked for years.
Yeah Karns is aweful. We scrimmaged them last fall which isnt as good of a team as we have this year (I play for CAK btw) and we beat them like 35-14 or 42-14 or something like that in a scrimmage. I've heard they're improved with their new coach because i know a few guys that play for them but they still looked pretty bad against Webb.

I went to Trousdale County a small 1a school we beat Monterey 91 to 0 one week the following week Red Boiling Springs said the only way they go through with the game was if we played 8 min quarters. Still rang up lik 60 or 70 on them.

We had bad nicknames for Farragut as well when i was in school but that was just because they whipped our ass my junior year:cray:

I caught about 4 games at the Chattanooga Jamboree on saturday night. Noone looked good at all, but. then again i didnt get to see any of the local power houses either. Tyner and Hixson was just getting started when my son said it was time to go. The best game of the night was David Brainer vs. Tennessee Temple.

To set the scene i must tell you a little bit of info about David Brainerd. From what I gathered they just started there team last year. There was 20-25 players on there whole team and undersized was the understatement of the day. There starting O-line averaged about 150 pounds. There starting CB's looked like they were around 5'5" and pushing 120 in full pads. The teams took the field and my exact quote to my father-in-law was, "this is gonna get ugly real damn quick." Little did i know i was gonna be right but for the wrong team. D-B took the first play 45 yards down the sideline and scored the next play. They dominated on Defense to the point where i honestly dont remember a Temple 1st down. D-B ended up winning 16-0 in a single 15 minute quarter and receiving a standing ovation from the crowd. It was a feel good story if ive ever seen one.

VN Store

Back