High praise for Alontae Taylor

Because on defense the corner with the less stats is usually doing the best job. You don’t get a bunch of tackles and pass breakups when they don’t throw at you. They also don’t blitz their best cover corner. They need him one on one with the best receivers once’s the blitz doesn’t get there.
Exactly. Jalen Ramsey, Gilmore, Revis...they don't have a bunch of stats, but they shut down an entire side of the field.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
Because on defense the corner with the less stats is usually doing the best job. You don’t get a bunch of tackles and pass breakups when they don’t throw at you. They also don’t blitz their best cover corner. They need him one on one with the best receivers once’s the blitz doesn’t get there.
Round 2…it appears that the guys that rate players for a living agree with you!

Outstanding, didn't think he'd slide into the 2nd but I'm very happy for this young man. As the Saints keep loading up on unappreciated Vols.

Awesome he deserves it and the Saints seem to like their UT players..I think over the last 10-15 years they have drafted and signed (UDFA) more UT players than any other team.

Reactions: feathersax
Coffee County High School Red Raiders continue to crank out the NFL guys..
Hamburger U Represent!

Coffee County High School has more McDonalds assistant night managers among its alumni than any other high school in America!

[lol, sorry, couldn't resist, as a Tullahoma Wildcat just had to...but proud of your lad Alontae!]

Awesome he deserves it and the Saints seem to like their UT players..I think over the last 10-15 years they have drafted and signed (UDFA) more UT players than any other team.

This is the one knock on the Titans is that they don't target in-state guys at UT, Vandy or Memphis. They seemed to have had a couple MTSU guys over the years though. They sure target a lot of Alabama players as well.

Hamburger U Represent!

Coffee County High School has more McDonalds assistant night managers among its alumni than any other high school in America!

[lol, sorry, couldn't resist, as a Tullahoma Wildcat just had to...but proud of your lad Alontae!]
Greetings, fellow wildcat. If that 82 is your birth year then I was right behind you.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Kid was ALL VOL and a BALLER! Good for him!
I always appreciated his loyalty, especially after Beldar lied to him and told him he could play WR and then almost instantly moved him to D as soon as he got here. Alot of dudes nowadays would have had a bad attitude about that. The move was the best long term for Alontae and he appears to have seen that.

I would assume he will play safety with Marcus Maye, as at corner we are set with Lattimore, Adebo, CJGJ, Roby, and PJ Williams.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Hamburger U Represent!

We moved to Winchester before I could become a Bobcat. 😓😓😓

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
This is the one knock on the Titans is that they don't target in-state guys at UT, Vandy or Memphis. They seemed to have had a couple MTSU guys over the years though. They sure target a lot of Alabama players as well.
Can't blame them they have had bad luck with drafting Vols for the most part.most NFL front offices have biases like they. The Saints, Chiefs and Steelers tend to like drafting Vols. It just is what it is.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He's new to football ?

Um...i respectfully disagree, he got better i will say that, but he got burned on a bunch of plays especially when goober Pruitt was here
Lol Pruitt ? Nothing that scum did here should be used against the kids we had on last seasons team. Period

Everybody down here whines about the Falcons never taking UGA guys. It’s mostly Homer bias.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back